Discussion Thread -> "Desserts: Brethren Style!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."Desserts: Brethren Style!"

Ricks_Tropical_Delight.jpg

This is Rick's Tropical Delight's entry in the 2009 "Cakes & Pies" TD

As chosen by mattmountz94 for winning the "Legs!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

mattmountz94 said:
For the next Throwdown let's do desserts. Anything goes as long as it fits the category and Standard TD rules apply.
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/24/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Tuesday 7/5/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Tuesday 7/5/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
***Don't forget: [FONT=&quot]O
ur prize sponsor for Q[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2
201[FONT=&quot]6
is [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Snake River Farms
, who is awarding all U.S. T[FONT=&quot]hrowdown
[FONT=&quot]winners through Q2 of 2016 a
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Northwest Beef Boneless Prime Rib Roast valued at $159![FONT=&quot] Each roast weighs approx. 6.5 lbs. Aged 28 days and hand cut by a master butcher.
:clap2:

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!
est of luck and even better eats to all!
st of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I'm not much of a dessert maker but one of my specialties growing up working at my Mom's restaurant got good reviews.

Guess I'll see what you folks think.

I'm not much of a dessert maker but one of my specialties growing up working at my Mom's restaurant got good reviews.

Guess I'll see what you folks think.
"I DARE YOU!"
There, I gave you incentive!

Apple & Banana Bomb Caramel Pecan Sundae

Here's my entry. It's my first time, so be gentle. I made apple bombs & banana bombs by rolling the fruit in a brown sugar/cinnamon/vanilla mixture, wrapped in bacon, and cooked over a rack of ribs for about an hour until the bacon was done.

We cut the "bombs" into pieces, served with chocolate chip ice cream, drizzled with caramel sauce, topped with whipped cream & chopped pecans.

Apple_Banana_bomb_desert.jpg

Sorry, but I didn't do any pix of the prep or cooking this time, in fact I dang near didn't get a picture of the sundae. I promise a proper step-by-step making the bombs next time.

Dude that is 1st class dessert!

Sometimes I get think we get too worked up over the photos versus the end result. Wish I was there to try it!

Dude that is 1st class dessert!

Sometimes I get think we get too worked up over the photos versus the end result. Wish I was there to try it!
I'm waiting on your entry.

Thanks dadsr4, I'm out of town for a bit still but I'm having a birthday party bash a week from this Sunday and will enter my dessert then!

My official Entry for the "Desserts: Brethren Style!" TD

Here's my entry:

Not much of a cook thread because it all went by so fast and was so messy. I thought I was going to do a riff on smores, but a very quick test of a bacon-wrapped graham cracker proved to be disastrous. I also had this idea to deep fry something, but I didn't necessarily plan on that thing being ice cream. Hairbrained.

Bacon-wrapped Graham Cracker...
9xyzfzPh.jpg

Making marshmallows...
rVioh1Lh.jpg

Grilling the fruit...
zRGoE3Qh.jpg

Grilled fruit...
Huiobtfh.jpg

Here's the finished dessert. Please use the following as my polling pic...

Deep-Fried Rocky Road Ice Cream over Grilled Stone Fruits with Toasted Marshmallow Tuile and Balsamic Glaze
ECZhDvTh.jpg

Last edited:
Back