Plowboy you've done it again...

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Todd! You are a farking genius.

Bovine Bold is amazing. How do you do it? You have spoiled me 100%. I no longer have a desire to have any other rubs in pantry. I now have the official Trp1fox lineup for meats.

Ribs: Big Brother Smoke's "Sweet & Spicy"
Chicken: Plowboy's "Yardbird Rub"
Beef: Plowboy's "Bovine Bold"
Pork: I'll switch between "Yardbird" and "Sweet & Spicy"

I just finished eating at least a half pound of chuckie after I pulled it off the smoker.

17 hours on the smoker:
done.jpg

As I started to eat the hole got bigger and bigger:
pulled.jpg

I am so impressed with the rub. I just wish that someday I can come up with something half as good.

Hey Todd! Ditto on the congrats :-D. Check out my thread on a bit of beef. Awsome stuff :biggrin:.

Okay Larry, these guys are gonna owe you a commission. I'm gonna break down and buy some of these rubs. I think a lot of people will after seeing your pron! :-D

That chuck roast looks awesome. How many pounds was it when started, what temp did you use?

I am running out of my plowboys yard bird rub. I will need to place another order soon. Maybe I will have to try the Bovine Bold as well. Very nice!

That looks incredible, Larry. I am gonna try the BOVINE BOLD RUB, gonna place an order soon. Thanks.

Last edited:
I picked up some from Todd while I was out at the Royal...tried it last Sunday for the first time.....good stuff!!

It has become a requirement that when you are shaking the rub on the meat you have to sing the plowboy song

Back