texas bucket list trip

bluzieq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We ( wife&I) leave for austin,lockhart,&taylor,Texas tomorrow, So ya know where I'm going!!!!!. Smittys, kreuz mkt, Blacks bbq, louie mueller, and Franklin bbq. Woohoo! Any pointers, name drops so I can talk myself to the pits for photos? This after helping a bud cater for the sponsor of the topless100 dirt race in Batesville,ar for 4 days.I'm tired but excited.

Last edited:
When you going to LM?

I'm going to be there for lunch on weds.

We ( wife&I) leave for austin,lockhart,&taylor,Texas tomorrow, So ya know where I'm going!!!!!. Smittys, kreuz mkt, Blacks bbq, louie mueller, and Franklin bbq. Woohoo! Any pointers, name drops so I can talk myself to the pits for photos? This after helping a bud cater for the sponsor of the topless100 dirt race in Batesville,ar for 4 days.I'm tired but excited.

Are you going to be there Saturday morning? If so, hit Snow's for sure. So many places to go. I would consider skipping a couple of the Lockhart places and hitting La BBQ and Mueller Meat Co.

I'll try to be at lm on wed if possible. We won't be there on sat.

If you can, check Out John Mueller Meat Company (closed on Wed. and I saw it sold out at noon or one). Everything is phenomenal, including the beans and the squash sides.

Do not miss the pork chop at Kruez. Just don't miss it whatever you do. I liked everything there a lot but the pork chop melted my brain, which for me is a good thing. Some folks find the sausage at Kruez to be greasy, but I enjoyed it and bought a couple dozen cold links to take home. You can get the cold stuff at a separate counter in the dining room.

Do not miss the pork chop at Kruez. Just don't miss it whatever you do. I liked everything there a lot but the pork chop melted my brain, which for me is a good thing. ...

I have to agree on the pork chop. Best I've ever had anywhere.:shocked:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'm back. I'll put pics on later. The pork chop at kruez, ya are right!!! Wow!!.Aaron Franklin even told me to get the pork chop.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back