• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

High Heat Quick Chicken

ciret

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm trying the crank the temp up and blast a couple of chicken breasts. Got a full chimney of K and lump with some chunks lighting and about a hlf a chimney of K and lump with wood chunks in the fire box. 3 chicken breast brined over night. Gonna do em naked and add some sauce at the end. Pics to follow.

Well, I was disapointed with my experiment. Got the temp up over 384, which is the max on my thermometers, but after 30 min my internal temp was only 170. I started saucing for another 15 min. The skin was not very crispy so I threw it over the coals for a few minutes. So, my mtotal cook time was over an hour. Usually if I'm just doing a few breasts I throw them in the smoke chamber for 20-30 min, then finish over the coals and I'm done in 45 min, with similar results. They turned out very juicy and flavorful, but I don't think it was worth the extra fuel and time.

Attachments

• BBQ Chicken 01.jpg
    BBQ Chicken 01.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 58
  • BBQ Chicken 02.jpg
    BBQ Chicken 02.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 58
Sorry it did not work as planned.
Thanks for sharing.
May save someone else some time :lol:

TIM

Eric, by the LOOKS of things they turned out nicely, but I can unnerstand your feelings if you burned that much fuel to get there. Thanks for posting your results. You might have saved a tree. :)

Back