• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Walleye Chowder

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
made up some walleye chowder today. cooked 2 cups of diced 'taters and one medium onion diced in clam/chicken broth then pureed in food processor. meanwhile, sauteed some corn and roasted red peppers in skillet till corn was just slightly charred. Put everything back in pot and added some evaporated milk, skim milk and some flour to thicken along with some thyme, old bay, sherry and lemon juice. added 2 lbs of cubed walleye and cooked till just done. came out pretty darn good!

Last edited:
I gotta say, the words, "Walleye Chowder" didn't sound very good to me (never had it). However, I love chowder, and your pron and recipe won me over. Very nice!

That would have been in running for the last throwdown. Looks good. too bad there is no Walleye in MO just crappie and bass.
\
JA

Boatnut that looks awesome! I do a chowder w/ perch because we catch so many big ones out here in the central basin. The fillets are nice and big and I like to save my walleye for company for sauteing and f rying. I used a recipe from a book called "North With Doc" close to that but I like your prep much better. I think the charred pepppers and corn would make it perfect. The other ingreds. are pretty much the same. It tastes so good on a cold winters nite here in northren ohio. Thanks alot for the nice pron. Fish on brother.

Great recipe - have a bunch of walleye and perch in the freezer and looking for some different methods to prepare.

Pulled the boat out of Fairport today - sad that the season is over.

^^^^^^fillet mignon of fish man. Ask Boatnut about Lake Erie walleye. Just awesome chunks of white fish meat. Hard to explain.

Mike that looks and sounds so good! I have a bit of fish in the freezer (no walleye though).. Hope to try your recipe! Nice job. :cool:

walleye rules!

man, i can almost taste that

Looks good! What is a walleye similar to (If anything)?

Well, good question. A very mild white fish that flakes easily. member of the perch family. Saugeye and Sauger is a similar fish.

Back