Anyone have a PizzaQue

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have been researching outdoor pizza cooking options and came across a company called Pizzacraft that makes a couple of interesting products under the PizzaQue label. Wondered if anyone has used either of these or has any info they can share. Thanks!

This is one that fits on the Weber Kettle and at $99 seems to be a good alternative to those that I have seen for more than twice the price:
[ame]https://youtu.be/uQ4QNhr3qm0[/ame]

And here is a tabletop propane fired oven that looks similar to the Blackstone (but without the stand) and is about $100 cheaper than the Blackstone.

[ame]https://youtu.be/MkDXxUu5W5s[/ame]

I have the one for the Weber kettle. Easy to set up, gets real hot. Makes a crispy crust.
It does use a lot of charcoal but you can remove the ring and snuff out the fire and use the coals again. Best for small personal size thin crust pizzas.

I have the one for the Weber kettle. Easy to set up, gets real hot. Makes a crispy crust.
It does use a lot of charcoal but you can remove the ring and snuff out the fire and use the coals again. Best for small personal size thin crust pizzas.

Thanks for the feedback. Does seem to be a good price compared to other kettle pizza kits.

Nothing wrong with that at all, it'll work like the pizza kettle but costs less.

My wife got me one of these for my birthday 4 months ago. (PizzaQue) I gained 10 pounds. It works exactly like they say. Check out the reviews. It really cooks pizza and calzones perfectly with hardly any practice. I had purchased the Weber contraption a few years ago. It came to me all bent up from shipping but more because it was light in build quality. IMHO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 378
No, but I have a Kettle Pizza. Actually bought mine used from a fellow Brethren and love it. It's the top of the line model with pro grate and baking steel. Gets crazy hot and will bake a pizza in a few minutes. I don't use it all that often, but when I do it's just really fun.

My wife got me one of these for my birthday 4 months ago. (PizzaQue) I gained 10 pounds. It works exactly like they say. Check out the reviews. It really cooks pizza and calzones perfectly with hardly any practice. I had purchased the Weber contraption a few years ago. It came to me all bent up from shipping but more because it was light in build quality. IMHO

Thanks. Most of the reviews I saw were positive. Always good to get a perspective from the Brethren.

Uh okay sorry, I thought we were talking about something completely different. (Quietly backs out of room...)

I just checked amazon on the price, they have gone down to $89, seems like a good deal

I have a pizza que ($199 CDN) and it works fine. I run it at max temp and it cooks a homemade NY style (12") in about 6 min.
Easy to use

I saw both PizzaQ units at Home Depot some months back and was wondering how they were. Sounds like they will be giving the Kettle Pizza folks some pretty robust competition!

Pizza Dough calculator

http://doughgenerator.allsimbaseball9.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=15

This site has dough recipes for modified grills, wood fired grills, and ovens.

On Edit:
The key to good pizza dough is to allow the dough to hydrate for 20 minutes before you knead.

So mix everything together, (about 2 min in a kitchen aid on speed 2) then let it sit for 20 minutes then knead (about 5 min in kitchen aid on speed 2)

Also, if you keep the oil to 1% or less, you will get a crisper crust.

Never worked for me...

I got one of the pizza kettle things for my weber, and just could never get it to work right.

It would get blazing hot on the stone, but the heat on top never enough to cook the top enough as fast as the crust would do.

I tried other mods, like a 2nd stone on top and foil to lower the head space....but just never worked for me.

I will likely put it on craigslist to try to get rid of it...I just got a BGE and thinking that with wood chunks will give me a better shot at wood fired pizza taste and cooking temps....

Are there any good posts/sites that show how to get good, consistent results off the Pizza Kettle? I'd be good to try it again..but I just could never get the right charcoal/wood level with heat to cook the bottom and top of the pizza right....

Must my $0.02,

caynne

I got one of the pizza kettle things for my weber, and just could never get it to work right.

It would get blazing hot on the stone, but the heat on top never enough to cook the top enough as fast as the crust would do.

I tried other mods, like a 2nd stone on top and foil to lower the head space....but just never worked for me.

I will likely put it on craigslist to try to get rid of it...I just got a BGE and thinking that with wood chunks will give me a better shot at wood fired pizza taste and cooking temps....

Are there any good posts/sites that show how to get good, consistent results off the Pizza Kettle? I'd be good to try it again..but I just could never get the right charcoal/wood level with heat to cook the bottom and top of the pizza right....

Must my $0.02,

caynne

Mine actually works like a charm, but it has the baking steel. I just about lost my mind when I watched raw sausage cook in front of my own eyes to done in 3 minutes. I just build a crazy hot fire (full lit chimney and then unlit chimney on top of that in a U shape, with a smattering of lit coals under the stone). Amazing pizza. The only reason we don't use it all that often is it works best with an "assembly line" process, my wife making the pizzas while I'm putting them on. Trying that with a 4 year old and 7 month old doesn't work so well. It's 2015, where is the robot babysitter? Come on science!!! :rolleyes:

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to share my experience with the Pizzaque. I wasn't expecting much to be honest...I have family nearby who have wood fired pizza oven in their backyard which makes awesome pies. This little unit on my new to me 22.5" Weber kettle worked like a champ. I have no complaint whatsoever. I'm about as pleased as I can be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 96
One more picture...some of what's left

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 95
Back