Concord, Salisbury, Albemarle NC (Pfeiffer U.)

Pole D

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi guys - going on a road trip of sorts.

My niece has ended up at Pfeiffer University in Misenheimer, NC on a lacrosse scholarship. She is a freshman and this is her first time away from home (Ellicott City, MD). She's feeling a little lonely so she text my wife and said she would love to see us this weekend. So we are heading there (about 1hr 45 mins away) on Sunday. I googled the place and there is NOTHING there so we'll have to drive somewhere to eat.

The question of the day is do you have any recommendations for good places to eat near Pfeiffer? I'm thinking I'll have to go to Concord, Salisbury or Albrmarle.

Thanks for the help!

#2 would be Hickory House (?) on Hwy 29 North just off of I-85 right before you get to Charlotte.

Hey George,
I hate to tell you this, but Misenheimer is in a veritable wasteland of BBQ mediocrity!
You would either have to go north toward Salisbury, or south toward Albemarle to find anything, and even then it just isn't worth the drive. (IMHO)

Wink's BBQ in Salisbury has a cookie that is dad-gum/slap-yo-mother-in-law GREAT!!! It is an oatmeal sandwich cookie that is about 5" diameter and about 1" thick, with about 1/2" thick cream layer between the oatmeal cookies!!! Eat the whole thing and it will put you in a diabetic comma!

Wish I could help more, but there just isn't anything there! Drive up to Lexington or over to Charlotte if you want anything good (known anyway).

Lexington BBQ 100 Smokehouse Ln, Lexington. My wife likes their BBQ better than mine, I do like their course chopped.

The Hickory House in Charlotte is closed, I think due to the new light rail on HWY 29.

Whispering Pines BBQ is pretty good but small and does get pretty crowded during lunch but will be the closest to the college.

Let us know.

Yes. The big white barn, Lexington #1, is my favorite. If you want to drive there it gets my vote too.

Lexington BBQ 100 Smokehouse Ln, Lexington. My wife likes their BBQ better than mine, I do like their course chopped.

The Hickory House in Charlotte is closed, I think due to the new light rail on HWY 29.

Whispering Pines BBQ is pretty good but small and does get pretty crowded during lunch but will be the closest to the college.

Let us know.

Hey PaPaQ. If he took 49 over to 8 and headed north, wouldn't he go past Cook's before he gets to Lexington. Haven't eaten there in a while, but it used to be very good. I love Lexington #1 too, but I thought this might be a little closer and a very nice drive.

Hey PaPaQ. If he took 49 over to 8 and headed north, wouldn't he go past Cook's before he gets to Lexington. Haven't eaten there in a while, but it used to be very good. I love Lexington #1 too, but I thought this might be a little closer and a very nice drive.

You are right I forgot about Cooks, either one is good.

Back