Great Lakes BBQ Assn Comp Class 101

sfisch

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
All of the specifics for the class being held in Kalamazoo, Mi on March 21 can be found above in the Competition Class "Sticky". A great line up of top notch cookers teaching the 4 meat categories.

The GLBBQA is pleased to present
Competition BBQ 101

We have asked the best of the best to help us present this class. The 4 instructors are all in the Top 10 of the GLBBQA TOY Point Race. This will be a 4 meat class; each instructor will walk you through every step of their process from selection at the store to how to present it in a turn in box.

Here is our lineup:

Chicken – Matt Janose Big Brothers BBQ : 7th Place Chicken 2014 GLBBQA TOY

Ribs – Mark Rasmussen – smokingaces@thebbqsuperstore.com: 3rd Place Ribs GLBBQA TOY

Pork – Mike Robinson - Smokin in the D: 11th Place Pork GLBBQA TOY

Brisket– Rich Parker - ibqn@thebbqsuperstore.com: 1st Place Brisket GLBBQA TOY

Class will be held –Four Point Sheraton Kalamazoo
3600 East Cork Street Court.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001

Date –March 28th

Time –8:00am – 4:00pm.

GLBBQA Member: $100.00 (Spouse $50.00)
Non-Member : $125.00 (Spouse $75.00)
Cost includes breakfast and lunch will consist of the food cooked onsite

We are looking into room discounts and will post that info as soon as we get it.

The Application can be found here: http://www.glbbqa.com/?p=707

THAT

IS

A

STEAL

nigratv.gif

All of the specifics for the class being held in Kalamazoo, Mi on March 21 can be found above in the Competition Class "Sticky". A great line up of top notch cookers teaching the 4 meat categories.

Scott, can you please verify the date on this? Everything except your post above says March 28th.

Will there be any get together on Friday night? I'd like to get the instructors drunk, so they feel like they are at a contest on Saturday morning.... Might be able to shigging some juicy info that way as well.

Is the a class limit?

Will there be any get together on Friday night? I'd like to get the instructors drunk, so they feel like they are at a contest on Saturday morning.... Might be able to shigging some juicy info that way as well.

Is the a class limit?

There's a block of discounted rooms that have been set aside for Friday night. The info on them is on our website and our FB page. Mike Terry, Scott and I will probably be there Friday night and I'm sure most of the 4 cooks will be there along with other sundry characters.

Hmmmmm. Kalamazoo is close.

BTW I'd like to sponsor the rookie of the year again. That was really cool how excited everyone gets for winning. I almost miss having that excitement.

Hmmmmm. Kalamazoo is close.

BTW I'd like to sponsor the rookie of the year again. That was really cool how excited everyone gets for winning. I almost miss having that excitement.

That would be great Scottie, I'll contact you when the time comes. THANKS!

Scottie, would be great to have you there.
I know the cap is 30 and as of this evening, 24 have paid.

Hatfield and McCoy Barbecue is right here in the Great Lakes region... if Scottie wants to sponsor us, we'd take it! Hotel room, class entry fee, etc? We'll take whatever you have to give! :wink:

Back