KCBS Says Cheating Better Than Offending TOTY

Guys, i feel lucky that we have a board member here being honest. If we beat the hell out of him we won't have him anymore.

he beat the hell out of one and let another nearly scott free.

i don't feel lucky.

i appreciate the willingness for honesty though, and respect as a fellow brethren, but sometimes, the truth hurts.

Uomograsso, I see your point. As to the rep issue, that was all handled by the previous board. I have to trust in their judgement to allow possible reinstatement which is what I voted on to put the rep back in the RIT program.
Things can be tabled and tabled until possibly forgotten without a decision being made. I make decisions based upon the information that I have.
dmp, I am making decisions based upon what has happened in the past and punishment that was handed out which is now coming up. I apologize if my comment was interpreted differently than I intended. I doubt that the rep will make the same mistake again should he make it back into the rep pool.
Ray, thanks for the thoughts. I could have kept to myself but I think it is important to explain my decisions when I can. I will pay the price one way or another...

so you "doubt" the rep will falsify scores again, but you thought DMP and his team would wear an offensive apron again?

OMG.

Guys, i feel lucky that we have a board member here being honest. If we beat the hell out of him we won't have him anymore.

Absolutely correct Ray.

Folks, keep in mind, having a BOD member speak up is huge and he is speaking honestly and to the best of his memory. Please refrain from monday morning quaterbacking his past decisions. I see it best played out and in all our best interest if we speak freely(and respectfully) and Mike will comment when he feels its appropriate...

but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. :mrgreen:

Seriously Boogiesnap?

The truth is that a prior board handed down the punishments. They were in office when all this occured. They had all the immediate first hand knowledge of both issues. They voted for the punishments based upon that knowledge. My votes were based upon what I had knowledge of.
From the June special meeting:
Steve Farrin made a motion, seconded by Dave Compton, to terminate contest reps Patty Flessner and Sonny Ashford, with a right to re-apply as reps in training after one year, although acceptance of application is not a given, and to terminate Sonny's duties as a CBJ instructor. With 9 ayes and 2 opposed, the motion passed. - See more at: http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=513#sthash.OucdJyJM.dpuf
I am pretty sure that meeting notes would show that dmp was banned for 3 years.

I take responsibility for what I do and how I vote and have to believe that a prior board would not make the said decisions lightly. There must have been a reason for them to issue the punishments that they did. I am not going to go back and second guess each and every decision that a prior board makes and have to vote on motions based upon the information that I have at the time.

I ABSOLUTELY do not think that dmp nor anyone else that has knowledge of this incident will ever wear an offensive apron like that to awards.

Absolutely correct Ray.

Folks, keep in mind, having a BOD member speak up is huge and he is speaking honestly and to the best of his memory. Please refrain from monday morning quaterbacking his past decisions. I see it best played out and in all our best interest if we speak freely and Mike will comment when he feels its appropriate...

forget your past, repeat in your future.

And please understand that I am not quoting to single out a person just rather make a point on something. I'm not picking on anyone, hope it doesn't seem like that.

Me too....i just picked yours out because it had all the talking points in it... :thumb:

Seriously Boogiesnap?

The truth is that a prior board handed down the punishments. They were in office when all this occured. They had all the immediate first hand knowledge of both issues. They voted for the punishments based upon that knowledge. My votes were based upon what I had knowledge of.
Steve Farrin made a motion, seconded by Dave Compton, to terminate contest reps Patty Flessner and Sonny Ashford, with a right to re-apply as reps in training after one year, although acceptance of application is not a given, and to terminate Sonny's duties as a CBJ instructor. With 9 ayes and 2 opposed, the motion passed. - See more at: http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=513#sthash.OucdJyJM.dpuf

I take responsibility for what I do and how I vote and have to believe that a prior board would not make the said decisions lightly. There must have been a reason for them to issue the punishments that they did. I am not going to go back and second guess each and every decision that a prior board makes and have to vote on motions based upon the information that I have at the time.

I ABSOLUTELY do not think that dmp nor anyone else that has knowledge of this incident will ever wear an offensive apron like that to awards.

but you PERSONALLY voted to uphold said punishment or reinstatement for each???

just cuz?

C'MON MAN!

but you PERSONALLY voted to uphold said punishment or reinstatement for each???

just cuz?

C'MON MAN!

Spilt Milk.

Berating the one BOD member willing to discuss things will get us no where.

I'll paste this in one more time;

Folks, keep in mind, having a BOD member speak up is huge and he is speaking honestly and to the best of his memory. Please refrain from monday morning quaterbacking his past decisions. I see it best played out and in all our best interest if we speak freely(and respectfully) and Mike will comment when he feels its appropriate...

Enuff sed ! After spending an hour reading this thread I believe there is nothing more that can possibly be said to change either sides position...As far as my option on this. Consider me Switzerland ....

Dmprantz. After reading all this and re reading my post I apologize. As stated before I believe your punishment was to harsh. I don't know you. I made assumptions of your personality and who you are. You are probably a good dude that I would consider a friend after I meet you. But I haven't. And just like the board did they voted by either taking the time to find out who you are or just looked at the act that happened and made a decision on that, which is what I did. Now, after reading this, I believe you should of received a 1 year probation and then the organizer of the contest could have said we don't want your team back and they would have had every right to do that.I apologize for judging YOU. I still do think it was wrong. I am actually at the point that I want to pay your 35 bucks kcbs fee and see what happens.if you are ever up this way join our team. We compete in brethren run contests so there is no problem there. KCBS has no jurisdiction, just some balding, Obama hating, sleeveless guy, media whore . (Hi Phil, buddy). I also respect any board member who comes on a forum to state facts and not back down but answer questions truthfully.

Mr. Peters,
Thank you very much for contributing your insight into this issue. But please help he with one thing, which seems to be the crux of this issue: Why does it seem that the rep. got off easy and DMP got a much harsher punishment?

Mr. Peters,
Thank you very much for contributing your insight into this issue. But please help he with one thing, which seems to be the crux of this issue: Why does it seem that the rep. got off easy and DMP got a much harsher punishment?

He's already answered that question.

Would you be happy if his answer changed because the question kept getting asked?

What would the next question then be? How can we trust you if you keep changing your answers?

Seriously Boogiesnap?

To Mike Peters:

As a KCBS member, thank you for coming here and publicly stating what you have. :clap:

he beat the hell out of one and let another nearly scott free.

i don't feel lucky.

i appreciate the willingness for honesty though, and respect as a fellow brethren, but sometimes, the truth hurts.

He's telling us what he thinks. The vote has been counted. I appreciate his honesty. Like it or not.

Instead of picking a meaningless fight here, just don't vote for him next time. Maybe even run for the board yourself.

Spilt Milk.

Berating the one BOD member willing to discuss things will get us no where.

Where are the board members that we all voted for so they'd help change things? Steve and Candy at least post once in a while and I understand not standing in the middle of the fire.

Dave? Jeff?

He's telling us what he thinks. The vote has been counted. I appreciate his honesty. Like it or not.

Instead of picking a meaningless fight here, just don't vote for him next time. Maybe even run for the board yourself.

What I got was that he was telling us how OTHER people thought...:rolleyes:

Back