Chicago, IL to South Bend, IN

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Touching down in Chicago late night on a Thursday and have to be in South Bend, IN by Friday morning.

What's up/open in Chicago overnight (other than getting shot) :peep:

Notre Dame for the weekend so any recommendations for good eats around South Bend?

Thank you in advance!

Doc's Bbq and bombers in Munster, IN are pretty good and on the way. If you like craft beer docs is just south of 3 Floyds brewery on Calumet.

I have heard good things about True bbq and whisky bar but have never been there.

Safe travels,

Mad Anthony Brewing has three or four locations. I know that they have one in Ft. Wayne.

https://www.madbrew.com/

They are run by the guys from the Shigs in Pit competition BBQ team. I have not been to one yet, but I have heard great things

If you're going to be in that area, you need to swing by Rub's Back Country Smokehouse. Best damn restaurant brisket I've ever had. Haven't had Franklin's, but I can't imagine how his could be any better than Jared's.

Love this place in my neighborhood. I'll meet ya' there if you're down for it. 8)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ghareeb-nawaz-chicago

This place rocks!

Land at 12 midnight and by the time we get the rental etc., out of the places recommended this place is 24 hours and we plan to eat here in the wee hours of the morning since we don't have to be in Indiana until morning. :biggrin1:

Hopefully be back to Chicago Sat night. We'll see.

Y'all got a beautiful city. Love it!

fazZQGEh.jpg

What time are you planning to be in the area on Sunday??? :mrgreen:

It's gotta be on the next run Tom. There will be another game tomorrow morning so it'll be straight to the airport after that to catch the flight back home.

I managed to squeeze in another night tonight though. :becky:

uYm6N2Jh.jpg

It's gotta be on the next run Tom. There will be another game tomorrow morning so it'll be straight to the airport after that to catch the flight back home.

No sweat at all and consider yourself invited to breakfast/lunch/dinner anytime you happen into our little town here on the lake. :thumb:

uYm6N2Jh.jpg

Ugh, this was 2 blocks from my work, and it is surrounded by so many better things.

My fault, I need to check in here more often.

Hope you had a good time. If not, don't judge on River North where this is. It caters to visitor crowd.

So much more to see, and you are from LA so you know all about neighborhoods. This neighborhood is okay, but there are so many more

Back