• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Cook with Family in Town (Tips, Sausage, Corned Beef, Wings)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have family in town for Thanksgiving week and they are staying at my parents so I brought over my backwoods on Sunday for some bbq. Always excited when I get to see my niece and nephew who are 2.5yrs and a great age because I get yelled at a lot because they can repeat things really well :becky:.

Chubby setup

Brought some rib tips, homemade sausage and half a corned beef from RD

Wife holding my niece who is helping to season the corned beef and by seasoning I mean dumping most of the bag in one fail swoop :clap2::clap2:

I got most of the rub smoothed out and onto the smoker

Rib tips rubbed up and put on the cooker :biggrin1:

Corned beef after about 3hrs. I then foiled and put into the over to finish to allow for wings that my dad picked up last minute

Sausage out

Why not both??

Corned beef done

Wings about done

And here is it all finished up. I haven't done wings before on my backwoods oddly and these were aweseome. Had the temp up to 300 when they were on and man they had a nice bite to them

Oh and the wife was practicing a new chocolate cheesecake for an event coming up. Chocolate isn't my favorite cheesecake (too rich sometimes), but I actually at an entire piece.

Great job on the food! How did the corned beef come out on the smoker ? Was it tender? The temp that you took it to , was it 203 ( it's hard to see the temp in the pic on my phone! ) I've done it on the smoker (finished temp usually 160 or so) then the next day steamed if for some pastrami sandwiches.

Great job on the food! How did the corned beef come out on the smoker ? Was it tender? The temp that you took it to , was it 203 ( it's hard to see the temp in the pic on my phone! ) I've done it on the smoker (finished temp usually 160 or so) then the next day steamed if for some pastrami sandwiches.

Yeah it was 202'ish and was tender. The smaller corned beefs I'll smoke to 160ish then finish in my pressure cooker, but the bigger ones I can't do that. I find smoking then wrapping and letting to cook a little it its juices works just fine.

Hold on, I have seen that beer somewhere before!

Yeah sister in law who came down from Ohio brought it. I normally get up there once a year and bring home a few cases of great lakes, but won't make it up there this year. I will ask for more for Christmas when they come down again :biggrin1:

Wow you have a shirley and a chubby? One lucky man. Grub looks goo too!

I've got to the point that whenever you start a thread I just click on it and you never fail to disappoint. Alway great food and humor and a cool smoker. Nice cook!!!

Looks great! One question though. Are the rib tips the part that's trimmed from a spare to get St Louis style?

Back