Discussion Thread -> "MINI, Part 2!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."MINI, Part 2!"

1792240_Gore.jpg

This was Gore's winning entry in the 2011 "Mini" Throwdown

As chosen by jwtseng for winning the "Meat & Potatoes" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

jwtseng said:
For the next TD, I thought it would be fun to revisit the "Mini" TD from 2011. I've been eating way too much with all the cooking I've been doing lately, so what better way to cut down on the calories than to restrict the size of the cooking vessel. Maybe save on some charcoal or wood too. Anything goes, as long as it's cooked on a 14.5" diameter or smaller cooking grate (or 165 sq in makeshift equivalent). Please show pics of the cooker in action in the entry/cook thread, although the moneyshot entry photo need not include the cooker.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/27 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 12/7/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 12/7/15

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
I gotta get my mini in this one. Hell ya. :icon_smile_tongue:

Are there special squirrel or foil points available for using this unit, as long as the cooking grate is 14.5" diameter or smaller? :loco:

9f3e6f0bbed033bbce4b41b8e5a66206.jpg

Nope, just standard squirrel and foil points if you use that cooker.

:thumb:

Looks like you may want to put out that grease fire, too.

Back