American Royal Q&A

Yeah, I don't think we can argue with him. Good luck to everyone this year. I will be arriving early Thursday morning.

:thumb:

Any word on showers?

OK, Nate and everybody.

I passed your question about showers up the line.

The answer is YES, there will be showers available within walking distance for the teams
during the Royal.

The committee is still working on the details. If I hear any more I will post.

No more specifics about location for showers.
Hopefully your Ambassador will have that info.

Will check about WI FI

OK- Showers will be onsite in the E lot . So sounds like portables to me. Who knows? It will be an adventure.

WIFI - there are conflicting reports on that . Committee thinks likely not. But not firm
either way.

AR Results

This was our first year doing the AR. Does anyone know if they post the detailed scores down to the individual score level by judge. I was just trying to figure out how we could get better.

This was our first year doing the AR. Does anyone know if they post the detailed scores down to the individual score level by judge. I was just trying to figure out how we could get better.

I believe they will be mailing it to us based on the announcement at awards. You would normally get when you leave (with that nifty piece of paper you got at brisket turn ins.)

You can see each judge score and tables on Americanroyal.com under open. Each taste tenderness will be mailed out

The World Series Champion Royals have a home stand the first weekend of October. Can't have both events in the same parking lot.

Though I'm sure it's tentative, the invitational form you get after a GC says Oct 1st 2016

I'd really like to know what would happen if they schedule it for Oct.8-9th then the Royals make the playoffs. They wouldn't be able to move the bbq that late. I look to see future dates in September so they dont have to take that gamble.

I think what you'll find out is that Sept will not work. You have to have your sanction money in by Dec for KCBS to guarantee you your previous date. There is no way of the AR knowing that since the scheduling of the pro teams will not happening that early.

Backup plan will be Kemper?

Gotcha. Hopefully they will figure a way to get it back down at kemper or the new arena/convention center they want to build down there. No matter what happens I'll be there.

Back