Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Winter Q in Great Bend

G

GratefulSmoker

Who is planning on going to Winter Q in Great Bend? Sounds like a great event....read in the Bullsheet where 60-80 teams could be there.

Joshua

A great contest I attended last year very relaxed feel awsome pot luck friday night free beer warm building to stay in while your cooker is outside whispering away alot of my friends are there a great start for the season for me I just hope to do better in scoring this year:)

I think Andy and I are going. Haven't put the app in yet.

TheSlabs.com will be there. Wouldn't miss it unless the weather goes bad....

A great contest I attended last year very relaxed feel awsome pot luck friday night free beer warm building to stay in while your cooker is outside whispering away alot of my friends are there a great start for the season for me I just hope to do better in scoring this year:)

Sounds like it's going to be a good time!

Bump.

Cooking this one solo.

What's the situation with the Friday night Apps?

Steph - You hosting Friday night pot luck?

I think we all did extra apps and kinda floated around eating the leftovers. Saturday morning is a breakfast potluck. GREAT stuff!

Steve Marrs made gumbo and hosted dinner. We will be busier than a bee with the app thing so, I'm gonna pass. We usually host the Friday night dinner out there in July.

Doh! Apps are anything goes. Some of the stuff is INSANE! They put the leftovers from the containers on tables for the public/cooks to sample.

Doh! Apps are anything goes. Some of the stuff is INSANE! They put the leftovers from the containers on tables for the public/cooks to sample.

Do you have to use their containers?

Todd, Kent told me last week, for the appetizers, turn in 6 for judging and your own plate is ok. I think it's wide open. He also suggested cooking like 40 more for the friday appetizer potluck.....
If it works, here is a link to the article about the contest in the Great Bend newspaper.
If you are entering a sauce for the sauce contest, Kent suggested bringing a quart or two, which the public will sample and judge using pulled pork cooked by someone local out there.

http://www.gbtribune.com/localnews.php

"We get some really big names in for this," Romine said. Numerous national winners have already committed to take part, and there may also be a team from England. Other teams are coming from New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa and Arkansas, as well as Kansas.

http://www.gbtribune.com/localnews.php

No love for Missouri. :roll: Farking Kansans! :biggrin:

Geez....you'd think since we've won three penises out there they'd mention Missouri....lmao!

Geez....you'd think since we've won three penises out there they'd mention Missouri....lmao!

I'm not going to touch that with a 10'... well... :icon_shy

I've seen Steph with a pair of those penii in tow... If you thought she was intimidating with just a set of stones... imagine her with stones and two penii.

ROFL!!!! LOL

If Kyle had only known what he foreshadowed at dinner... when he said "OMG it's a mountain of meat!!!!"

I've seen Steph with a pair of those penii in tow... If you thought she was intimidating with just a set of stones... imagine her with stones and two penii.

ROFL!!!! LOL

If Kyle had only known what he foreshadowed at dinner... when he said "OMG it's a mountain of meat!!!!"

:icon_shy ... must resist... :icon_shy ... talking about Steph... :icon_shy ... handling penii... :icon_shy

Back