IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL** "Noobians vs. Vets: Season 3!"** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL** "Noobians vs. Vets: Season 3!"** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Our new August Special TD category is...

"Noobs vs. Vets: Season 3!
"

LargepirateflaganimatedGIF_zps4be4e303.gif

Arrgh, matey! The SS Farkanaut sets sail to once again decimate the Noobian Fleet!

Here is last year's voting thread

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY, meaning you can cook anything you like as long as it conforms to Standard Throwdown Rules. Anyone who has participated in 4 or fewer TD's prior to 8/1/2014 will be on the Noobian team, while everyone with 5 or more TD's prior to 8/1/2014 will be on the Veteran team!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED for this TD only!

3. You can submit entries from other throwdowns that run during the course of this one!

4. Voting will be decided thusly:

All Noobians and currently enlisted and veteran Farkanauts who choose to participate will each submit entries of their choosing. The winning group will be decided by a tally of most votes, i.e. if the Noobians have the most collective votes, the Noobians win.

Please specify at the top of each entry whether it is for the Noobian or Veteran Team. If you do not, your entry will not be counted.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/1 through Sunday 8/31/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/1/14.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Hmmm... Here I was thinking I'd be a Noob, but I have already entered 3 TD's and have plans for a couple more before 8/1. Just wondering if the dividing line seems a little low. Might not have many Noobs with that limitation.

Hmmm... Here I was thinking I'd be a Noob, but I have already entered 3 TD's and have plans for a couple more before 8/1. Just wondering if the dividing line seems a little low. Might not have many Noobs with that limitation.

I can change it to 20, just let me know. :thumb:

:mrgreen:

I'll let y'all decide. I'd hate to step on any toes. I know y'all take on a lot of extra work running these for us.

HEH.......still a noob...............this one last year & the Veg Head currently......

We have Admiral Silverfinger......leader of the US Faukernaught......all we need is a Viking suit and a 8# steak cooked caveman......aye......thar she blows.....:thumb:

Actually, I promoted Silverfinger to Captain last year. I think he did a pretty good job.

Isn't Admiral higher than Captain? :confused:

That is correct.

When Fleet Admiral Bigglesworth or whatever his name was abandoned ship last year, I immediately stepped in as Fleet Admiral to keep the fleet afloat and battle ready. Therefore, the rumors about my imminent retirement are untrue. However, for the right price, I could be persuaded. In which case, you would be next in line.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back