Who's up before dawn putting meat on?

Not putting any meat on but as usual, u[p before dawn :heh:

Hope your cooks go smooth

Gonna do a bacon wrapped pork loin (bought at Sam's - it is HUGE!) but while I AM up I don't have to start the meat quite yet. Happy Easter Ya'll.

I never went to bed. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Think I'm going to do a pork roast today. Or maybe some pulled pork... keep it light. Kids are going to stuff themselves full of Easter candy anyway. I also really want a pulled pork omelette for breakfast tomorrow.

been up since 5 throwinf down meat, drank a large red bull, doubt i'll be going back to sleep

Been up most of night. Got the "Did I mess up Easter thread" going.

ShencoSmoke I am so jealous right now. Your mom is awesome!!!

Wish I was going to be able to go back to bed. Have 2 different Easter get together's to cook for. For this afternoon's, I'm smoking a 12lb top round roast for a little carving station action. For this morning's Easter Brunch, I have a ham in the oven, bacon and sausage links cooking on the stove, ground sausage cooking up for some sausage gravy and will be smoking 2 4lb top rounds for another mini carving station.

There will be time to sleep tomorrow :)

Happy Easter all.

No early AM today for me but will be doing a 8.5 semi bonelss 1/2 ham on the Egg later Cleaned out the Egg ysterday to grill chicken thighs for last nights dinner Still plenty of lump for today Will be using maple and cherry mojo bricks for smoke

I'm sleeping in today. I was up before dawn yesterday preparing a brisket. Today is the wife's turn to cook.

Up 6 hours before your dawn! Brining a chicken going on the rotisserie later. Happy Easter to ya'll

Jed you don't count!:laugh:

Shenco i'm jealous as well!

Dave you need to smoke up something...break out the Lang!

I needed a nap, didn't want to be dead on Easter...one of the few times i plugged in the pit baby sitter, sleep is good!

Happy Easter everyone!

I put some butts in a drum around 4am, hung out about half an hour, said phark it, slapped on an auber and went back to sleep. Got some ribs goin now on the wonderful natural flow of a uds!

I have been up but my brisket and shoulder aint going on till around 10 am ...I learned cooking around 300-325 I can cook in 5 hours ...hot and fast for me FOREVER ...I like my sleep lol

Since we just got back from vacation on Wednesday we're keeping it simple this year. I have a Trader Joe's spiral ham going on later and then a potato casserole and the traditional green bean casserole (can't convince folks to try something different).

Been up since 645 but that was prep time for cleaning out yesterdays coals and starting chimney and getting UDS preheated. After all these smokes I finally learned to allow time for prep before the meat goes on.

I lit the cooker at 5:30, had the butt on there a few minutes before sunrise. It's my first time cooking a boston butt... I'm excited.

Back