Weather Related BBQ Pics

Notorious Q.U.E.

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi Brethren,

It's hard to believe that we here in Denver are getting 8 inches of snow today, Thursday May 18, 2017!! I figured I'd start a thread of weather pics and BBQ pits. Here's a before and after pair of photos of my Shirley. If it wasn't a school night , I'd be firing up my coal bed right about now. It makes me think that I really could use an insulated firebox! Please post cool pics of just about anything cool or intriguing related to weather and BBQ!

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpg
    IMG_4160.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_4179.jpg
    IMG_4179.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 410
Smoke ninja,

Great images! The winds are a trip on that one picture. Nice capture on the brisket twilight. Bbq gets me out to appreciate the finer things just like that. I love the stillness at 3am when I reload the charcoal basket or add a few sticks.

Nice to see a fellow Coloradoan on the forum! Had to fire up my indoor wood stove today to keep warm tonight. Crazy weather! But we will be Q-ing soon...

Likewise, clay-b-Que ! Lots of Coloradans seem to have the bbq bug. I figure I'll wait for the snow to melt in 48 hours and fire up the Shirley with a vengeance!!

Speaking of great BBQ weather...as soon as the pool parts come in, I will be able to see this welcome sight again...

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 368
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 365
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 365
Sometimes it snows and you can't grill or smoke

A54D0171-26D5-4E80-9700-60C3D7C88EAD_zpsrqklyfza.jpg

But for a little rain there's a solution.

5A7FE8B3-B449-4417-9EC7-8BC1CBAA92F5_zpsh6pbxqwm.jpg

Great fix stlsportster! I should get me a Rain shelter. It's still coming down by us with more snow today. At this rate, we may have 10 inches accumulation in 24 hours here in Denver. I keep looking at my wood rack as another proxy:

Attachments

• IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 291
Very nice. I love those pocket heaters. A Vienna sausage still is something. Even though we're snowed in here in Denver, I reheated some St Louis spares from the weekend. I just got to wait till tomorrow when the fire will rage in the Shirley!!

Attachments

• IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 123
It seems like no matter what the weather is, my mini has no problem holding rock solid temps. I thought about getting a Guru for it and then I thought to myself, why. Why spend the money when it holds so good.

You can see the difference in the color of smoke. When I first start it up the snow isn't melted and the smoke is white. After about 30 min it's TBS and the snow is melted under it.

Grilling after a record snow in DC a couple of years ago... Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, mushrooms, and zucchini.

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 109
This white stuff on top of your rigs: Is it some kind of mold? I haven't seen this in my neck of the woods.

Back