Need advice estimating meat for Party

Ayvatr

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It's that time of year and I have a party this Saturday and I'm told to expect 50-60 people mostly couples. I plan on serving pulled Pork and chicken leg quarters plus smoked Mac n cheese. I'm thinking maybe 4-5 8lb butts and 24 quarters plus 2 full restaurant pans of Mac n cheese.....any thoughts? We will have buns and Cole slaw available and thank goodness I don't have to mess with salad or desserts.

Looks pretty solid. Assuming 1/3lb meat per person on pork that would be 20lbs needed for 60 so 40lb starting weight. I guess you could do maybe a few more quarters, but not everyone will take a full quarter in my experience. That's plenty of Mac.

Looks good to me, I'd split the quarters though. A lot of people won't want a whole quarter plus pulled pork but the people who do can still grab both.

Looks pretty solid. Assuming 1/3lb meat per person on pork that would be 20lbs needed for 60 so 40lb starting weight. I guess you could do maybe a few more quarters, but not everyone will take a full quarter in my experience. That's plenty of Mac.

Thanks Jason....I will probably add a few thighs & split up some of the quarters; good idea. Hey wait a minute, it's says 03:05 on your post! Must be your turn to get up for the O dark thirty feeding.:-D

Last edited:
Back