• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jack - Payout

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Changing thew subject of prizes a bit, what does the Jack pay out? I've never heard what Grand, Reserve and the categories pay. Is it similar to the Royal or GAB or more like our local events?

The payout is very small.

I don't recall the specifics but I think third place in each of the major categories was like $50 or $100 and progressed slightly for 2nd and 1st. I'm probably off a bit but whatever the exact amount was I almost laughed when I heard the first cash call announced.

Certainly, the prestige factor makes up for some and I would have been thrilled if our team earned a $50 check. Most will likely say it's not about the money, but I think a World Championship event run by a pretty big company should be able to shell out a bit more than what they did.

Not sure about this but don't they lets teams participate without paying an entry fee? I could see that as reason for low payouts.I would be glad to get a barrel without any money :biggrin:

The payout is very small.

I don't recall the specifics but I think third place in each of the major categories was like $50 or $100 and progressed slightly for 2nd and 1st. I'm probably off a bit but whatever the exact amount was I almost laughed when I heard the first cash call announced.

Certainly, the prestige factor makes up for some and I would have been thrilled if our team earned a $50 check. Most will likely say it's not about the money, but I think a World Championship event run by a pretty big company should be able to shell out a bit more than what they did.

Is it fair that to say the Jack is the equivalent to the Masters when it comes to golf? The prestige and endorsements pay more then the prize money itself!

The only one I can speek about is the your 1st place call it was $1000.00.
I believe that GC pays $5000.00. and an expencive cell phone bill to pay on the ride home.

Scottie posted on another board that he got $2500 when he won a few years ago. Also read that one team got an 8th place call and received $25. So not quite the payouts of the Royal.

Scottie posted on another board that he got $2500 when he won a few years ago. Also read that one team got an 8th place call and received $25. So not quite the payouts of the Royal.

Thats one of those checks you would just frame and not ever cash. I dont know, but its kinda chitty IMO, that a company cashes in with advertising, and promotion from this. Look, Guido Fieri is going to hock Jack this and Jack that and sell the "Jack" rights to whoever will name some food after them for millions. Not from the liquor but from "I was at the world championship of barbecue" and "I brought this back" but thier payouts to the people that give them the rep to sell those rights, are total crap. I mean some of these local contests, pay the same or a little less than the Jack.

Thats one of those checks you would just frame and not ever cash. I dont know, but its kinda chitty IMO, that a company cashes in with advertising, and promotion from this. Look, Guido Fieri is going to hock Jack this and Jack that and sell the "Jack" rights to whoever will name some food after them for millions. Not from the liquor but from "I was at the world championship of barbecue" and "I brought this back" but thier payouts to the people that give them the rep to sell those rights, are total crap. I mean some of these local contests, pay the same or a little less than the Jack.

It is not even in the top 10 of contest payouts for me... I did have a couple of opportunities after winning. But I also found that someone else would benefit more for my win than me, I ended it.

There are a few great and vaunted contests that just aren't about money and the Jack is certainly one of them. As a life long consumer of old #7, just being near the place sounds good to me! :roll:

There are a few great and vaunted contests that just aren't about money and the Jack is certainly one of them. As a life long consumer of old #7, just being near the place sounds good to me! :roll:

What the fark does "vaunted" mean? There you go using those big fancy words again...:twisted::tongue:

So okay already, the Jack is just very special.............

and vaunted

Back