New (to me) fabricator in Alabama

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Black Warrior. Their apache is 62x30 barrel with reverse flow, warming rack, on trailer, other goodies - $2,650. Looks pretty interesting. Anyone heard of them?

https://louisville.craigslist.org/for/d/louisville-reverse-flow-smoker/7183244249.html

00k0k_iuBBCanroKw_600x450.jpg

Edit: (Alabama - the map on Craigslist was for Louisville KY)

They're really nice people. I talked to them multiple times, bought elsewhere but only because they weren't building the style I decided I wanted. Their prices are very attractive, they have a pretty solid website and Facebook presence.

Looked like a lot of value to me. Too big for me - I'd need a new garage, but nice cookers still.

I have never seen one in person but I have seen them time to time on local craigslist and FB marketplace for sale that's about all I got.

Local to me as well as Shirley fab. Within 60 miles. Both are more than what I need at this stage of life. WSM keeps me and family fed well.

Funny you should ask. I actually made a 20 hour round trip with a buddy to pick one up this past weekend. We met with the Dave and he gave us an in depth walk through of the build. My buddy got an enlarged fire box/warmer so that it would hold full pans in the warmer. He seasoned it last weekend when we got back and we are going to fill it up this Saturday, I will get some pics. They are actually a steel broker (not sure if that is what the actual name of that type of business is), so that helps them keep the costs down...they have a giant facility (several warehouses) and the smoker business is sort of a side hustle for a few of the guys that really like BBQ.

I just requested an Apache build last week!
Very excited

I would really consider the abovementioned upgrade. There was one with a standard size warmer and the difference was very noticeable. Being able to slide full pans in the warmer was a major plus for us and the cost was very minimal.

He also got a covered top for his wood box. Makes a ton of additional workspace.

Congrats BTW!

I have no desire to own a stick burner but if I did this looks like a deal. If you had the skills I imagine you'd be hard pressed to be able to build this unit for the price their asking?

Seen them in ads. Also seen this guy around a lot and always liked his Builds.

https://www.glennssmokers.com/

For a guy that has never cooked on a stickburner..I have a lot to add to this thread :).

Glenn is 10 minutes from my house. Every month or so I will go see what he is finishing up, very nice guy and seem like really well made smokers.

John ended up picking Black Warrior because they would do an insulated firebox and Glenn does not offer that as an option. One thing I have learned is that guys that build smokers are generally really cool to sit around and drink a beer with!

I would really consider the abovementioned upgrade. There was one with a standard size warmer and the difference was very noticeable. Being able to slide full pans in the warmer was a major plus for us and the cost was very minimal.

He also got a covered top for his wood box. Makes a ton of additional workspace.

Congrats BTW!

Thanks!
I went with the insulated firebox, counterweight, and mounted spare tire.
I didn't realize the warmer box could be increased in size.
I may have to call Dave.
Thanks for that!

Thanks!
I went with the insulated firebox, counterweight, and mounted spare tire.
I didn't realize the warmer box could be increased in size.
I may have to call Dave.
Thanks for that!

Very nice! Don't quote me but I think it was $100 or less. The one we picked up also had the insulated firebox. For what he is charging the insulated firebox and expanded warmer are no brainers for me. He is one cool dude to talk to!

One thing I see that's concerning is the stock firebox is 11ga. That's only 1/8". That would be my first upgrade.

That's a lot of space for the price. Too bad I don't need a trailer's worth of space otherwise I might be on this since it's in state.

Back