IT ARRIVED Asmoke

I burned mine in up to 350 and don't plan using it over that.
Mine's for Salmon, butts, chicken, etc. I'll start out with the Smoke setting and kick it up from there. The steel is too thin for high heat, and of course, the paint is going to burn off as well.
You are supposed to turn it off and let it cool down with the fan running. Once it's cooled down, you can vacuum the firepot and bottom. Just leave the pellets in the auger for the next cook. I imagine if you live in a high humidity or leave this out in the rain, the pellets will swell and create issues?
I just pick it up under the legs and carry it. The travel bag comes with handles.

They released another update today that says that you shouldn't cook with the lid closed at any temp above the lowest level. Obviously nobody will be doing this and I am sure they will come out with another update with better advice.

I haven't had any paint problems, but 400 is the highest I have ran it. As far as registering the unit goes I believe you will have to wait until they finish their website which they say will happen soon.

yeah, I read the release and I was :twitch:
Sounds like guys are opening the diffuser for grilling, then shutting the lid and the grease from the burgers, etc. is catching fire with the lid down. They don't notice it and they end up having a fire in it?

yeah, I read the release and I was :twitch:
Sounds like guys are opening the diffuser for grilling, then shutting the lid and the grease from the burgers, etc. is catching fire with the lid down. They don't notice it and they end up having a fire in it?

From what I have read it looks like they are using the high heat with the lid closed and it is causing the pellets in the auger to ignite and at times the fire has spread to the hopper. First time users combined with shoddy instructions can lead to some crazy results. I saw one person on the FB group that unplugged their unit after seeing the pellets in the burn pot catch fire. They did not expect this to happen.

Back