2 Smokers I REALLY Want!

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
2 Smokers I REALLY Want! ( Err 7)

A Muscrat Backyard Offset and a Humphreys Pint. I'd be set. I'd give away my cheapo smokers I have now. Of course I'll always have a Weber Kettle for Grilling.

Muscrat:
iptvNl4l.jpg

Pint:
MdbTOORl.png

Last edited:
I agree. I'd love to move up from my cheapo smoker. But my Kettle is not going anywhere, unless it grows from a 22.5 to a 26!

A Muscrat Backyard Offset and a Humphreys Pint. I'd be set. I'd give away my cheapo smokers I have now. Of course I'll always have a Weber Kettle for Grilling.

Sounds like the best of both worlds........ A good plan for great Q..

When I bought my Humphrey's Down East Beast it worked so well, it made my collection of smokers obsolete. I wound up giving the best of them to close friends and family, and sold the others. I kept a Weber 22" Kettle for grilling and a CampChef propane unit that I use as a holding oven. The Humphrey's is super for cold smoking using an A-Maze-N pellet smoker. I can also load it up with massive amounts of hanging sausage as well as hanging several levels of hanging ham and bacon.

Wow that's nice. I often think about moving up to another smoker but can't let my weber go to much great food together.

EveryBody Keep Your Fingers crossed for Me!!!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201690

If I hadn't shelled out $10,323 out of pocket so far this Year on Medical and Dental on Top of my Insurances Premiums I'd have both of these!

OBAMACARE FARKED Me! I had much better coverage BEFORE ObamaCare. (Same Job)

And Next Year looks to be just as Expensive so i NEED to Win one of them.......:heh:

Last edited:
I am also looking for a new smoker. Now have a 22.5 which is great, but due to new physical limitations I have a hard time taking it apart to load, cook, clean, etc. I'm looking at an offset where I can mostly stand up. Does anyone know if the brazos that academy sells the same as the 20" model that old country shows online?

I am also looking for a new smoker. Now have a 22.5 which is great, but due to new physical limitations I have a hard time taking it apart to load, cook, clean, etc. I'm looking at an offset where I can mostly stand up. Does anyone know if the brazos that academy sells the same as the 20" model that old country shows online?[/QUOTE]

As in how? The Brazos is a heavier 1/4" - but with no Counter Weight on the door its heavy.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/old...N=578824977&kwid=ps_cse&cid=PLA_BNG_019918200
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/old-country-bbq-pits-wrangler-smoker/pid-653607

Wrangler:
Features and Benefits
- 920 sq. in. of cooking area offers plenty of space for cooking
- Steel body with expanded metal cooking grates for durability
- Heat-resistant, stainless-steel handles provide a safe, firm gripping surface
- Heavy-duty front shelf and storage shelf to keep your cooking necessities at hand
- Large wagon wheels offer mobility
- Hot plate 7.5 X 12 in
- Fire Box 17 X 13.75 in
- Main Grate 17.75 X 26 in
- Upper Grate 8.75 X 25.5 in
- 11ga with 3/16" doors

Brazos:
Features and Benefits
- Large cooking surface accommodates large cuts of meat; Folding front table
- Welded heavy-duty steel construction provides durability
- Pull-out expanded metal cooking grates
- Large side door makes cleaning the fire box easy and mess-free
- Stay-cool stainless-steel handles for safety
- Uses wood or coal
- Hot Plate 9.5 X 13.5 in
- Fire Box 17.75 X 16.5 in
- Main Grate 18 X 35.5 in
- Upper Grate 7.75 X 35.75 in
- 1/4"ga

Pecos:
Features and Benefits
- All-welded steel construction with durable heat-resistant paint
- Stainless-steel "stay cool" handles for safety
- Sturdy steel bottom shelf provides convenient storage
- Drop-in steel front table
- Slide-out cooking grate and heavy-duty coal grate
- Wagon wheels for easy transport
- Cooking Chamber grill grate 17.5 X 36
- Firebox grill grate: 16.5 X 16.5
- Firebox sauce/bean plate: 8 X 15
- 14ga with 11ga doors

But my Favorite is the Over n Under:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182649

Last edited:

Stop what you're dong, pick up the phone and get those pits ordered. You're not breaking a wedding vow, the Ten Commandments or the Boy/Girl Scout Oath. Ok, just so we understand thrifty does not mean cheap.

Life's short, play hard. And Q on what makes you happy.

Just making sure you see all options...I know you are a sucker for cabinets :wink:

Ya this is my Smoker Dream List. Going Up - Not Sideways. My Love for the Muscrat Offset and the Humphreys Pint is UnWavering.

Man, I'd love to get a Myron H2O smoker and a treager pellet smoker!

Thou shalt not covet but those choices rock! Love cabinets but dig my pellet pooper too.

Back