• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2 eggs no hands

CaptGrumpy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got both eggs workin' today! Got the large slow smokin' 2 racks of spare ribs and the medium is got another hot naked chick tucked inside for a chicken & ribs combo for dinner tonight. Got the serious pron to follow!

Attachments

• 2 egg day.jpg
    2 egg day.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 144
Almost forgot.
Large is at 210 degrees and the medium is kickin' it at 325!
God it's nice to have two eggs to cook at two seperate temps!!!

Almost forgot.

Hey... its not nice to tease....
nya, nya, nya, nya, nya... pffffffft.

Farkin' hot set-up!
PA

Sorry! I forgot to add that it is a balmy 75 degrees with a slight wind today!

Ok, the Capt is now the front-runner for Farker of the Month! :lol:

Almost forgot.

Yep, my wife insisted on having double ovens in our new house for just that reason. She can have a cake going at 350 in one and broiling something else in the other. Nice

go, man, go!

did you just adjust the bands with that wrench? and is the ice scoop for ash or fresh lump?

cool set up. what's the fruit on the trees. where's the bottle opener.....LOL. T

go, man, go!

did you just adjust the bands with that wrench? and is the ice scoop for ash or fresh lump?

Rick,
You are very observant! Yes I did right after I assembled the new spring assist band and replaced the old ceramic fire grate. Yes , the scoop is for the lump coal and scooping out the ash into it so I can take it to the garden and mix it in with the dirt around my fruit trees. Chicken is close to being ready and the ribs still have a ways to go. Ribs are primarily for an all day halibut fishing trip on Wednesday morning.
It's tough being a West Coast fark but someone has to do it!:shock:

cool set up. what's the fruit on the trees. where's the bottle opener.....LOL. T

Fruit on the tree in the background are lemons. I also have 4 cherry trees, a tangerine, 1 fig, 2 Fuji apple, 1 naval orange, 1 lime,and 1 nectarine as well as 3 grapes.

Bottle opener? I use my thighs!:eek:

hahaha! i look at everything in the frame because i figure if you didn't want it to be seen, it wouldn't be there... including dirty dish rags and unpaid bills :wink:

Almost forgot.
:eek::eek::eek:

Bite me CaptGrumpy!

Love the 2 eggs just chugging away in your photo.

Temperture Control

Cap,

How did you achieve the your table temp in the eggs? I recently got a LArge Egg. When I get it going I sometime have trouble maintaining the low temperture (225) when following the reccomended procedure i nthe egg literature. Additionally when I do get the fire stable and then add wood chips to the fire it takes forever for the temp to get back up to its proper level. What kind of timing/procedure are you using?

Chris

Cap,

How did you achieve the your table temp in the eggs? I recently got a LArge Egg. When I get it going I sometime have trouble maintaining the low temperture (225) when following the reccomended procedure i nthe egg literature. Additionally when I do get the fire stable and then add wood chips to the fire it takes forever for the temp to get back up to its proper level. What kind of timing/procedure are you using?

Chris

I used an old family secret. I get a scoop of wood chips to dd and then open the lid and dump them down the side on both sides and close the lid method. The egg will return itself back to the temp all by itself. The longer the door is open the longer the recovery. If you want super stable, put a Guru DigiQ or Stroker kit on your egg.

Now for the pron now that I am fat dumb and happy!
#1 Chick onthe egg. It's skin split but the meat stayed super moist.
#2 Chick again trying to show the skin was dark brown and not burnt.
#3 Ribs mid cook at 140 degrees while replacing the meat temp probe.
#4 Dinner ala pron

With whole Foster Farms chickens at 99cents/pound at Smart&Final, I will continue the beercan hot chick flick for the season as long as the price stays reasonable!

Attachments

• eggpron1.JPG
    eggpron1.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 54
  • eggpron2.jpg
    eggpron2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 54
  • eggpron3.JPG
    eggpron3.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 54
  • eggpron4.JPG
    eggpron4.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 54
Rib pron shot of the first of the ribs. The meat peels of the bone and it is wet & moist as I put it in my mouth. GAWD these are going to go good on the boat in the bay on Wednesday!

Attachments

• eggpron5.JPG
    eggpron5.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
Awesome lookin grub, Capt. I gotsta get me one of those Eggs.

looks good, but it doesn't look like your band bolts are tight enough. if they ain't bent, they ain't tight enuf. the dome can fall out of the band when the band expands due to heat and that's not a good day.

Capt. The food looks great! I need to get me another egg!!!!!!!!!!just not enough room on one!

Back