Scotch Eggs

If you can figure this out, let me know.
You have to have the egg firm enough to wrap and then it is going to harden further while the scotch egg cooks.

Try soft-cooking the eggs until the white is set but the yolk is runny, then freeze them. Once frozen, peel, coat in sausage, and fry. The egg being frozen should keep it from cooking too much more while the sausage around it cooks in the oil. Then you just need to let them stand for a couple hours to thaw, and either serve at room temp or pop them in the oven to warm for a few minutes.

Try soft-cooking the eggs until the white is set but the yolk is runny, then freeze them. Once frozen, peel, coat in sausage, and fry. The egg being frozen should keep it from cooking too much more while the sausage around it cooks in the oil. Then you just need to let them stand for a couple hours to thaw, and either serve at room temp or pop them in the oven to warm for a few minutes.

One, I'm not cooking and waiting hours and then eating them cold or re-warmed.
Two, freezing eggs screws wth their texture.

But thanks for the suggestion.

They look yummy, I do a slight variation where I use soft boiled eggs, just need to peel and handle carefully but when cooked and cut open the runny yoke just makes the most delicious sauce to coat the meat :)

Back