Vending estimation

altomari8868

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi, I've been asked to vend a local monster truck and muddling event. They are estimating 2 to 3 thousand people. There is one other vendor who is not doing BBQ but things like fries, burgers, etc... I have 2 questions.

1) what would you estimate as far as customers I should plan on. It is an Evening type event for 5 hours. Is 10% under estimating...

2) I am doing pulled pork and sausages. They have asked me to come up with a signature pork sandwich for them. Any ideas other that coleslaw on top?

Thank you for any advice...

The method that the brethren taught me (and it's worked out pretty well) is take the number the organizers give you, cut it in half, and then divide that by the number of vendors to get your number. In your case, 2000/2= 1000/2=500 servings. If this isn't a first time event, get the number of attendees from the previous year to get a better idea of attendees.

I agree with cpw. This is pretty much how we calculate (guess at :mrgreen:) the quantities to use for a vend.

great info. what do you figure for a first time event? i am doing a rodeo next month i'm the only food vendor and its the first one at this location.I'm doing one the following weekend where promoter says 2500 people come so if i don't sell out i can sell some there.

For a signature sandwich, maybe 4 Famous Daves
sweet and spicy pickles on top, call it a four wheeler?
Cheesy, I know.

For a signature sandwich, maybe 4 Famous Daves
sweet and spicy pickles on top, call it a four wheeler?
Cheesy, I know.

The "Four Wheeler"...ooooooo....I like that!!! :rolleyes: May just have to "steel" that idea. LOL :biggrin1:

Back