Mobile vending power and hot holding.

firewolf

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
What generators are you guys running on your trailers?

I am looking at holding cabinets and the draw seems to be 10 to 15 Amps. I would love a CVAP put dont know that I want to listen to a generator run all day.

I have an inverter and deep cells for lights, fridge, and the FEC-120. They charge when the generator is running or I am plugged in.

I am trying to decide on going with an LP proofer or just plan on a bigger power unit and get the CVAP...

Thanks in advance.

I run a Honda EU3000 and I can run my AC in summer and a hot holding unit but must turn off hot water heater. So I have to turn my water heater on and once water is hot turn it off and run the other items. Then switch around as needed. I have a friend running a EU7000 and I know he has issues with that and is planning to move to a larger Kubota Generator this year. Had another friend running a 10k Honda generator a few years ago and had problems but I think hit problem was he was trying to run a on demand hot water heater.

I run a Honda EU3000 and I can run my AC in summer and a hot holding unit but must turn off hot water heater. So I have to turn my water heater on and once water is hot turn it off and run the other items. Then switch around as needed. I have a friend running a EU7000 and I know he has issues with that and is planning to move to a larger Kubota Generator this year. Had another friend running a 10k Honda generator a few years ago and had problems but I think hit problem was he was trying to run a on demand hot water heater.

Why heat hot water?

MY EU7000 will pull the AC, the CVAP and the lights, etc. with plenty of room to spare.

I went with the Instantaneous LP Water heater because I thought it would perform better, take up less room, and leave plenty of room on the generator's capacity.

Thanks for the reply guys. I went with LP hot water as well. I looked at the EU7000 but I am leaning towards running two 3500 watt generators in parallel. That way if I have issues with one, I can still limp along with the essentials powered.

i use 2 3400 champions they are as quiet as hondas and they run 6200 continuous watts together and they cost me less then $2000 you can buy one and it would be 3100 watts that's 600 more then the honda 3000 and 1 person can pick it up its light

Buy once, cry once. EU7000. Yes they are substantially more than the chinese knockoffs. The trade off is lower noise levels, local options for parts and service, resale values and build quality.

Back