Help With Food Numbers for 100 People

Philly-QueMaster

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So we got asked to quote a wedding for 100 people for a friend.

They want to do 2 appetizers, 3 sides, and 3 meats.

And before anyone mentions it...YES...I know we need licensing and insurance and I'm in the process of getting all that now. And my back up plan is to work under my friends restaurant license and insurance worst case.

NOW I got the disclaimer out of the way.....

If we do Brisket, Ribs and Chicken or Turkey as our main meats how much would you recommend I cook per person?

With the appetizers and sides I was thinking like 4oz of brisket per person, 1/8th piece of chicken, and like 2.5 ribs per person. If they wanted Turkey I would do the same as brisket 4oz.

Does that seem like enough meat?

For sides I'm planning on 1 full steam pan could serve about 50 people. This would be baked beans and mac and cheese. Am I way off here??

Any help would be much appreciated.

You are is SC, so Brisket might not be a hot item, but you can be sure that free ribs will be flying off the buffet. I'd estimate a half rack per adult and a quarter rack per child. I'd increase brisket to 6 oz. I'm not sure bone-in chicken will be popular at a wedding. I'd go for 4 oz per person there in the form of shredded chicken or sliced breast. 2 full pans of beans and mac-n-cheese sounds about right.

You are is SC, so Brisket might not be a hot item, but you can be sure that free ribs will be flying off the buffet. I'd estimate a half rack per adult and a quarter rack per child. I'd increase brisket to 6 oz. I'm not sure bone-in chicken will be popular at a wedding. I'd go for 4 oz per person there in the form of shredded chicken or sliced breast. 2 full pans of beans and mac-n-cheese sounds about right.

Yeah I’m only 30 minutes from Savannah if you ever wanted to meet up and talk shop. Lol. A half rack of ribs, 6oz of brisket, and chicken and turkey sounds like an awful lot of food. That would be after having some appetizers of pork belly burnt ends, jalapeño poppers, or pulled pork sliders.

Yeah I’m only 30 minutes from Savannah if you ever wanted to meet up and talk shop. Lol. A half rack of ribs, 6oz of brisket, and chicken and turkey sounds like an awful lot of food. That would be after having some appetizers of pork belly burnt ends, jalapeño poppers, or pulled pork sliders.

Putting together that many jalapeno poppers sucks! :Becky:

Putting together that many jalapeno poppers sucks! :Becky:

Oh I know!! lol. They are the most expensive app and the most time consuming!!

I'm hoping they don't choose them to be honest. lol. The Pork Belly Burnt Ends and the Sliders would be much easier.

Oh I know!! lol. They are the most expensive app and the most time consuming!!

I'm hoping they don't choose them to be honest. lol. The Pork Belly Burnt Ends and the Sliders would be much easier.

I did 90 of them for a job yesterday. On the bright side, you can make the stuffing for them ahead of time. It was the bacon wrapping that took forever.

I did 90 of them for a job yesterday. On the bright side, you can make the stuffing for them ahead of time. It was the bacon wrapping that took forever.

Yeah i plan on making the stuffing a day or two before and prepping the peppers the day before. I probably will make them all the day before to be honest.

Back