• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket prices rising. What are you going to do?

Some of y'all are getting excellent prices on beef. Wish that was the case here. Order today came in at $3.83lb. Talked to the sales rep and they say no signs of slowing down for now. I give, I'm going up on brisket.

Pork actually came down some more. $1.89. That's still high in my book, but better.

Ok,

Anyone have a recipe for Beef Clod or for the Chuck Roll?

Do you smoke it the same as a brisket? What temp do you take it to so that it will pull?
Do you inject, marinade, or give it any juice?

Thanks in advance...

Cook it like a brisket. It will be like a smoked chuck roast. You can cut it into smaller piece and cut down on your cook time. You may want to put it in a pan to catch the juices for later.

Hello Jeff,

I just paid $2.19 per for butts at my local place. Where are you catching them for less than $2? Im always looking for a better source.

Wayne

I get most of my meat from South Mountain farms in Fallston. Restaurant Depot is a little cheaper than he is.

Ok,

Anyone have a recipe for Beef Clod or for the Chuck Roll?

Do you smoke it the same as a brisket? What temp do you take it to so that it will pull?
Do you inject, marinade, or give it any juice?

Thanks in advance...

I cook a 35# chuck roll every day. I smoke it in a pan with salt and pepper for about 5 hours and then cover the pan with2 layers of plastic wrap and tin foil and finish it in the oven on 200 for 5 more hours and it will be medium rare. It is unreal how good it is, we usually sell out before 5 everyday.
Thanks, Jeff
Sweetfire BBQ

Just got my last Invoice 3.76/lb I have now choice but raise prices :( if it goes much higher going to stop having it :(

Clint

Back