Custom OPEN trailers

Thatgrimguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm working on a competition/tailgating build that I need to be fully portable. The only thing I have seen like what I want are the trailers from Pitmaker that have the vault, a charcoal grill and a sniper offset all on the trailer. Plus you can add things like sinks, countertops, fryers, high btu burner, and has a roof with awnings.

http://www.pitmaker.com/product/vin/?vin=33517092

I love this trailer and it's the perfect idea. I don't however want to buy all my cooking supplies from this one provider. I want to piece together my favorites from multiple sources.

I know on the trailer I want
  • Offset smoker with insulated firebox
  • 2 XL big green eggs
  • Sink with hot water
  • 2 gas stove eyes
  • High btu burner for crawfish and turkey frying
  • Blackstone 36" griddle
  • 6 gallon deep fryer
  • Plenty of counter space
  • Electrical (convenient outlets at my prep areas and lighting... power will come from a wall or my genny on my RV)

I also would love to have enough storage for my wood, charcoal, a kitchen aid mixer and room to slide my folding tables and awnings between the two sides of the trailer. For lagniappe it would be really cool to have the TV option and some music.

Does anyone know of another manufacturer that can build something like this and wouldn't' have any problem with me mix/matching my cooking devices? (I have very briefly talked to Pitmaker and he seemed pretty open to the idea, though I only mentioned having blockouts for the green egg on it.)

I'll probably end up with a Pitmaker trailer, just wanted to know if there are any other options.

You could find a local weld shop and gather the items you want and have them work their magic. Personally I'd be a little leery of spending all that money on a pitmaker trailer and having someone else try to customize it.

Pitmaker is high on my list. I love the Sniper Magnum offset. Just kind of feel awkward asking him to install all these Non-Pitmaker cookers on it. But I guess outside of the blackstone griddle and the Green eggs it's all his equipment. And I am the one spending money so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Pitmaker is known for their custom work, I'm sure it will all look professionally done in the end. Cheapest?.. maybe not, but you know what to expect.

I would look up other trailer smoker manufacturers...I know Lang will build custom trailers with roofs and stuff. I bet you could get Shirley smokers (tuscaloosaQ) to build a bad a$$ trailer.

I have thought hard about simplifying down to just a great offset, sink/counter and one XL. I wonder if Jamie Greer would build me a Jambo with a XL Green egg on it. I need to call him, but I'm still about 12 months out from making a purchase.

I want to get it in time for next summer but won't be ready financially till at least then. So I'll probably end up getting it late in the competing season. I guess that'll just give me more time to learn the new rig before 2017!

Those guys build some awesome pits! If you havent ever done it do their youtube videos one night. Holy crap! Some of their projects are unbelievable. I love the one they did for the custom tanker truck co.

Gator pit of texas will build you a trailer to any specifations you want it built to. Call Ritch Robin

Back