Eureka Springs Arkansas

Texas Smoker

Got Wood.
Reaction score
We will be taking our yearly motorcycle ride this year to Eureka Springs from June 6-13th, any recommendations for a good BBQ joint around the area, or surrounding areas, thanks in advance.

Some of the most beautiful riding in this whole beautiful country. Enjoy and be careful at night.

Sold my scooter, bought a mobile pit, 4 years ago. Getting old still sucks.

I can't wait to get up there, we already have several routes planed out of Eureka Springs for the day, one thing we have learned is to be back at the hotel a few hours before dark, no need to take a chance of hitting any wildlife, thanks.

Lovely country for riding. I live in Harrison, Arkansas. Razorback Ribs in Yellville is a great Q place. Low Gap Cafe is a MUST stop for food. Its in Low Gap, which is halfway between Jasper and Ponca on SR 74. All of this is on well known Must Ride trails in the area. Nick Botini is a master Italian chef at Low Gap Cafe and the food will blow you out of your seat. Don't be fooled by the curb (un)appeal of the place, Look it up on Trip Advisor or such, the reviews are real... :) Ozark Cafe in Jasper is another worthy stop. The Casa Colina Mexican Grill in Eureka Springs is Fabulous, The Smoked Poblano Pepper with Pulled Pork on it is Fabulous. Its a neat outside dining establishment. Enjoy Arkansas!
Darryl

That is a really cool town in Arkansas. I found some great fossil prices in town. If you have the time, shoot over to Flippin and do some fishing on the White River. Avoid the town of Harrison if you can. Its city Government is funded by single digit IQ idiots running a speedtrap.

Whole Hog in Bentonville is pretty solid for store bought Q. Also Penguin Ed's in Springdale. Or hit the Catfish Hole in Fayetteville!

Hmm. Harrison is known for lots of things, But I've never heard the speed trap line...? I've only been here 3 years so maybe I don't know... We did have a ding bat Mayor but he was soundly defeated in last election. :) Its a Redneck town/area thats for sure.

None of these are current except the first one which is in Damascus, AR. That is an hour south of us near Conway, AR. They have raised the Speed limit to 60 North of town so its no longer a 65 mph to 50 mph change like it was. Most of that patrolling is done by State Troopers so thats not Boone county or Harrison... HPD is a legit big town PD that isn't run by mayors court or similar setups. Not defending my town but there really is no validity to those outdated files. We get TONS of motorcycle traffic thru town especially around Bikes, Blues, & BBQ and I ride frequently myself. And by the way, I'm in no way affiliated with city government, State troopers, or any other road patrolling organization... :) I'm in healthcare foodservice, more specifically Elder care... :)

I was pulled over by a local Harrison PD officer for a no tolerance speed stop. My fishing partner riding shotgun with me at the time was an Officer of the Texas Court System. I had no problem receiving the ticket, but the officer decided to start engaging in verbal badgering to provoke a physical or verbal response. We had audio running during the whole episode and considered contacting the local DA to email him/her a copy of the recording. After a little discussion, we decided the less time spent in Harrison the better for all parties involved. IMHO a better career choice for this individual would have been working at the local Happymart. This officer has no business dealing with the public. I grew up in the deep south and this practice was once upon a time Modus operandi. I suspect with all of the video being taken these days, it has put this behavior in check. If you are running out of state plates, be careful.

Eureka Springs/Motorcycle Country

Beautiful country to ride a motorcycle in.

Head South on 23 or 21 then to 43 to see the wild elk at Ponca.

Arkansas

Went to Beaver lake this weekend.

Its not BBQ or Eureka Springs, but if you end up in Rogers, I HIGHLY recommend Havana Tropical Grill. The churrasco marinated steak may be one of my favorite meals ever. I prefer the sweet plantains to tostones, and ordered them on the side with the dirty rice.

Thanks, we might stop on the way back in Rogers, nice little detour on our way to Dallas for a day or two, wanting to check out Gas Monkey's and Strokers

Back