What do YOU buy at costco ?

Many, many things but I like the big bottles of Pineapple Habanero Sauce and the Panda Orange Chicken Sauce when they have it and Lynnae's Hot Mama pickles.

stays fresh without freezing ?

Some items do. I have a Foodsaver and get the 6 pound packs of ground beef. I immediately pack 4 pounds of that and freeze it. Even vacuuming it will not make it last mich longer than not. Though if you have lunch meat it stays fresh WAY longer in the food saver bags. The huge plus with the Foodsaver is no freezer burn. the stuff tastes just as good after a couple months in the freezer as it does the day you bought it. I've also added marinade into the bags with the meat and then folded over the plastic to seal, then freeze then vacuum seal. When you thaw the product, the marinade is already sealed in the bag.

Beef--knock or ring ask the butcher for custom cuts
Chicken
Lamb racks only on sale for 11 bucks or less
Waldorf chicken salad
Shrimp ring for parties
Salad greens
Blue Crab dip
CHEESE��
Buns for parties
Hot dogs and bubba burgers for parties
Outdoor rugs (just got a beauty 8x12 for 120!)
Tires
TP and PT if on sale
Disposable plates and cutlery
Dark brown sugar
Salt
Paprika
Chili powder
Ski pants (no joke...the best for like 30 bucks)
Televisions

I never (anymore) buy their pork like ribs or butts. The brand in Jersey is Smithfield and the enhance their meat with sodium and nitrates. I've been burned too many times trying them and will never again. Lesson learned.

I'd say if you have the storage room and freezer space or a large family it's worth the membership. If you can't hold back stock or it's just you and the wife then local grocers have better prices especially with coupons.

Last edited:
The Mrs. and I get all of our Tri-Tip, ribs, fryers, whole packers, milk, dark brown sugar, salt, spices, foil and such at the one in Anchorage. Make it up there probably every two months or so. Good for laundry soap and cleaning stuff too.

They also have the Camp Chef three burner Expedition with a griddle for 169.00.. List price is $396.00 ay camp chef. Three high output burners for cooking chicken wings....

I really want one of those Camp Chef 3 burner stoves, here's hoping for a Fathers Day Present!

What's the method for wings on the camp chef ? Not familiar with the stove . Are you frying ?

Yes for deep frying, 3 high output burners, 3 pots deep frying continually at gatherings.

That's an awesome deal for that Camp Chef! I have the 2 burner model with the full griddle to cover both burners and LOVE it. It's a must for any camping and tailgating trips.

The 3rd burner would be awesome, but I don't think I could justify buying a 2nd one...anybody debating though should jump on that!

Buy the three burner and sell the 2 burner....

The three burner is probably cheaper than what you paid for your two burner..

I really want one of those Camp Chef 3 burner stoves, here's hoping for a Fathers Day Present!
Can't beat that price.... $169.00 Even comes with a carry bag for portability.

On the meat side, not a lot though I will do the boneless butts and they periodically have a marinated flank steak that's great. They also have some rolls they label as "Torta" that are fantastic for buns when we're doing pulled pork or chicken salad.

Outside of que though, half my house is from there. A sample off the top of my head includes:
Great patio furniture set
pergola
family room couches
at least one of the TVs
Sunglasses for multiple family members
Swingset for the kids

We easily get the value out of our membership

The SLC ribs and the baby loin back ribs here are Swift Premium and are NOT enhanced. The loin backs for Memorial Day were $3.99. The wife also likes the filet mignon. Those are the only meat items that we buy. However we buy many other lines.

When in doubt get a FoodSave and vac seal right away. Most food items will keep 3-4 weeks past their expiry date. Plus if you want to infuse flavors in your food prior to cooking them, or make a poor mans sous vide, this is a great vehicle for it.

??? I vac seal regularly and it will keep 3 years, not 3 weeks!

Gas, paper products, meat and booze.

Except for lamb loin chops I always get my meat packaged (strip Loins, rib eye rolls, chicken, etc) and either cut it up and use the foodsaver, or with the beef loins and rolls pop them in a drybagsteak bag for aging. For pork I have better local options.

FWIW I stopped at Costco on Friday evening and bought the Camp Chef they have right now. It is NOT the Expedition but rather the Denali which appears to be made special for Costco. It looks the same as the Expedition with a couple differences. the color of the paint on the front panel is red vs blue, you only get a one burner griddle surface vs a 2 burner griddle surface on the Expedition, and you don't get the paper towel holder.

The two burner griddle surface is $100 on amazon if you want one, or you could always just buy another single burner griddle and have two. Most people would just use a cast iron pan or griddle rather than order the larger griddle surface, though I must say it is an absolute heavy beast.

Trying to figure out how much propane the thing will use on a given weekend or week using a 20lb propane tank. Hoping I wouldn't need a refill or two tanks if we did a week long trip somewhere.

Also BTW I stopped at Sams Club before heading to Costco as I haven't been to one in many years. Ribs were more expensive than at Costco, they had no packers, and in fact the only thing i saw i wanted was the foil pans and lids as they were cheaper than at Costco. Maybe I'll hit up BJ's in the next few days to see what they have as I used to be a member there until I got my Costco membership.

Back