Contest Announcment Greenport Brewery - 6/27 - LI, NY

If you are competing and did NOT receive an email today from Rich (the brewery owner) please let Brian or I know.

Thanks!

Eric

The following teams should have received a confirmation email; if you have not, please contact Eric or me so we can confirm your email address. Further information will be forthcoming and I want to make sure you are getting it.

Babylon Grillbillies
BBQ Brethren.com
Blazin' Buttz BBQ
Chubby Hubby BBQ
Dawg Pound Smokin' Q
Divine Swine - Long Island
Eastern Beast BBQ
Grim Reaper Smokers
Kiss My Brisket
Moon River Barbeque
Mornin' Wood Long Island
Pop Bang Cue
R2-BQ
Rhode Hog BBQ
Rolling Grill BBQ
Smokin' Irish
Stubborn Bull BBQ
Team Big Barry Q
Willie B's BBQ

Thanks,

Brian

Were you aware that the People's Choice rib cook-off at the Greenport Harbor Blues and BBQ event is a benefit for the Wounded Warrior Project?

The whole day is going to have a theme of giving back to those that served, including raffles and a dinner for veterans. The motif is baseball oriented and the slogan is: 'A Home Run For Heroes'. Here's the trophy for first place.

We greatly appreciate the generosity of the Beaver Bat Company.

BatTrophy_zpsmadg4haf.jpg
battrophy2_zpsvk6skqo3.jpg

Just left the health department and so far there is only 1 other team that submitted paperwork for a vending permit. I believe the application said you only need 14 days in advance so there still is some time left to get them in.

Just left the health department and so far there is only 1 other team that submitted paperwork for a vending permit. I believe the application said you only need 14 days in advance so there still is some time left to get them in.

I have been trying to reach the BoH. They got back to me today.

"We have received several vendor applications for your upcoming event but have not been issuing the permits as we do not yet have an organizer application for the event. It is true that if the vendor is only participating in the contest and will not be selling food and all proceeds from the contest are going to a charitable donation that this Department will waive the permit fee. The only thing I can think of is that one of the vendors was informed that if their application was received by this Department less than 14 days prior to the event a late fee of $60 would be required (regardless of the fact that the permit fee would be waived)."

I have spoken to Rich Vandenburgh and have his promise that his paperwork will completed and in by Monday. If you have your application to the BoH in a timely manner, you will not be affected by Rich's late filing, if he fails to get his paperwork in and I have to break all his fingers.

Here is the form that needs to be filled out by the teams for the temporary permit.

Attachments

• TempEventVendorApplciation2014.pdf
    423.4 KB · Views: 11
Help Needed

Hi!

As you may know, we will be having a dinner for local veterans at the event.

It ties into our fundraising efforts for the Wounded Warrior Project and helping active military and veterans is a cause that the Brethren strongly support.

If you were able to help out by donating a dish, it would be appreciated. We are expecting 20 veterans and a guest for each for a total of 40 people.

We have desserts covered, a Texas sausage dish from Tim Rohrs, a green bean salad from the Sacco's, I'm making chicken and Willie and Phil are each making something.

Whatever you could do would be appreciated. Whether it's a side dish, a protein, some soda or maybe a tablecloth or two, we'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Eric

Are you familiar with John Boos? They make beautiful cutting boards and butcher blocks.

They are donating a cutting board for the Wounded Warrior Project raffles at this event.

We greatly appreciate their generosity.

Deluxe%20BBQ%20BD%20RA02-GRV_zpsxemgnqzy.jpg

Eric

I think I know this answer since this contest is at a Brewery. But is this contest kid friendly?

I think I know this answer since this contest is at a Brewery. But is this contest kid friendly?

Good question. Yes, it will be family friendly. There will be non-alcoholic beverages for sale and there will be a fun but not debauched attitude.

Eric

Back