• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

World Pork Expo Sponsorship Ideas

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The second weekend in June is the BarBQlossal contest held during the World Pork Expo in Des Moines, IA. Its an all pork contest: whole hog, loin, butts/shoulder, ribs. Until this year, each state's Pork Producers Association was allowed a free entry into the contest. We've been the Missouri team for the last 4 years. Even though there are no free state entries starting this year, the Missouri Pork Association is continuing to sponsor us for the contest.

This is a contest where sponsorship can be easier to get than others because it is all centered around the Pork industry. Contact the Pork Producer groups in your state to see if you can get your entry covered. Breeders or genetics companies may provide you with a hog or one at cost. Plenty of catering opportunities on Thursday or Friday night as well. We are catering a white tablecloth meal for a half dozen execs for a company.

The public comes out huge for this contest and many are in the Pork business. Great way for businesses to get their name out there and all you have to do is fly a banner, give out business cards, post on your website, etc.

I'm gonna call my Senator Ted Kennedy today. He knows a lot about Pork Programs.

The second weekend in June is the BarBQlossal contest held during the World Pork Expo in Des Moines, IA. Its an all pork contest: whole hog, loin, butts/shoulder, ribs. Until this year, each state's Pork Producers Association was allowed a free entry into the contest. We've been the Missouri team for the last 4 years. Even though there are no free state entries starting this year, the Missouri Pork Association is continuing to sponsor us for the contest.

This is a contest where sponsorship can be easier to get than others because it is all centered around the Pork industry. Contact the Pork Producer groups in your state to see if you can get your entry covered. Breeders or genetics companies may provide you with a hog or one at cost. Plenty of catering opportunities on Thursday or Friday night as well. We are catering a white tablecloth meal for a half dozen execs for a company.

The public comes out huge for this contest and many are in the Pork business. Great way for businesses to get their name out there and all you have to do is fly a banner, give out business cards, post on your website, etc.

Todd, do you know the signage restrictions, if there are any? I am a RE agent here in Des Moines and am on a team that will be competing. I may see if my company would be willing to sponsor us if we can put up some advertising.

Todd, do you know the signage restrictions, if there are any? I am a RE agent here in Des Moines and am on a team that will be competing. I may see if my company would be willing to sponsor us if we can put up some advertising.

I think anything within your area is up to you. Other than, "Beef - Its what's for dinner." you are probably good to go on anything. Last year one team has a stock car in their "booth".

Anne Rhenstrom at the National Pork Board there in West Des Moines could answer any questions.

Back