• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef Ribs, Pork Ribs & Chicken

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
That's what's on the menu for Sunday. I got a rack of beef and pork spare ribs and 2 whole chickens. Now I need some help. I've never smoked different meats at the same time. I'm using a Traeger with a digital heat controller. I figure I'll cook them at 250 or 275 so it doesn't take too long since I stay up half the night and sleep half the day. (I work graveyards and can't go to sleep early on the weekends.) I'm wondering how long to cook each type of meat. Anyone want to lay out a schedule for Me? Thanks.

That's what's on the menu for Sunday. I got a rack of beef and pork spare ribs and 2 whole chickens. Now I need some help. I've never smoked different meats at the same time. I'm using a Traeger with a digital heat controller. I figure I'll cook them at 250 or 275 so it doesn't take too long since I stay up half the night and sleep half the day. (I work graveyards and can't go to sleep early on the weekends.) I'm wondering how long to cook each type of meat. Anyone want to lay out a schedule for Me? Thanks.
Haven't done beef ribs, but with a pellet muncher slower produces more smoke taste. ribs with a 3-2-1 method will work at a low temp 200-220 but chicken will have a rubbery skin at that temp. I would throw pork, beef on 6 hours before meal. do 3-2-1, cooler, put chicken on 4 hours before dinner and raise temp after ribs come off to try and help skin. Then again my Q is tolerable so take that into consideration.

Thanks Norcoredneck. I'm not sure what 3-2-1 means though. Also I smoked a turkey once that had leathery skin when it was done. Is that due to the temp? The meat was unbelievably good though.

3 in smoke, 2 in foil, 1 back on to firm up. Poultry skin needs higher temp plus finesse for bite through. Stick around you will se a never ending quest for bit through skin.

Back