Hope everyone's having a good day

The brisket

cI76AGJh.jpg

XAcTo1Th.jpg

cOU2Ubdh.jpg

lF6VdUvh.jpg

The cooker

mlo2iRbh.jpg

The starter charcoal my neighbor gave me since they were reorganizing their garage. Old school Kingsford and according to her they haven't bbq'ed about 20 years so this has to be two decades old or close too. :becky:

l5e08Dph.jpg

Air miles??

eCCU3Nmh.jpg

The briqs have heft to them compared the new ones and no markings obviously

BprN8Ngh.jpg

This is some of the cleanest burning briquettes I've come across :shocked: Literally no start up smoke. None whatsoever. Just a slight remanence of the Kingsford smell but extremely mellow and went away in about 5 mins.

znWysT1h.jpg

Now we wait :cool:

HG9j9KNh.jpg

Your cooks are always interesting and you just hit it out of the park with that KBB. Sako's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

Looking at pics of your cooker is making me get anxious for mine to be done. Are you cooking in the main chamber or just the warming cabinet? Can't wait for the finished pics.

Looks like your going to have a good day Sako.

Thanks Marty!

Your cooks are always interesting and you just hit it out of the park with that KBB. Sako's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

Hahaa thanks Ron! I wrote down a list of things to smoke on Friday and started crossing off one by one until I hit the SRF. :-D

Looking at pics of your cooker is making me get anxious for mine to be done. Are you cooking in the main chamber or just the warming cabinet? Can't wait for the finished pics.

Thanks Danny! How far are out are you on your LSG?

Smoking in the main chamber. Going to throw in a few other things later so the main chamber it was.

Smoking in the main chamber. Going to throw in a few other things later so the main chamber it was.[/QUOTE]

I put the deposit down in early March so it is looking like a July delivery. Counting the days down.

Smoking in the main chamber. Going to throw in a few other things later so the main chamber it was.

I put the deposit down in early March so it is looking like a July delivery. Counting the days down.[/QUOTE]

About right. It'll be here before you know it. :thumb:

Looks like a great day ahead Sako. Like the Kingford story. Only thing better is when the neighbors adult kids clean out their moms house and give you their dads old stash of liquor. Even the cheap stuff was really good.

Looks like a great day ahead Sako. Like the Kingford story. Only thing better is when the neighbors adult kids clean out their moms house and give you their dads old stash of liquor. Even the cheap stuff was really good.

Thanks Mike! Lol, They're a retired couple so no chance, although I told them to leave some room for some wagyu brisket and she said "Well then, you save some room because I'm going to give you some Scotch that we're going to try tonight and won't tell you anything about it until then"

:nod: Got the best neighbors!

That's hunk of meat sure is purty!
Looking forward to seeing the results.

Thanks Ray!

Yoga for Briskets :-D

Looks like a great way to spend the day Sako, that amber color is spot on and it's making me thirsty. Cheers :thumb:

The anticipation is making me hungry.

A little update to ease the anticipation Bill. :-D

Wrapped about 170IT and I like the color. I haven't been wrapping briskets for a while now but I'm wrapping this one today. Don't ask me why and for no apparent reason but I decided to wrap with foil.:shocked: I haven't wrapped in foil for years ever since I started using butcher paper but time to revisit the foil wrap.

Here's what she looks like

Tv5kXnBh.jpg

Like I said, been so long since I wrapped in foil I forgot about how hot it can get. :shock:

geKdhTsh.jpg

Ahhhhhh time for another brew

7X6rIagh.jpg

Back