I'm calling it "Tri-Fecta Chicken" ... Must see TV

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1zlm0gK_28"]OctoForks Roadside Chicken & Pineapple! Add to your grills rotisserie! - YouTube[/ame]

Roadside marinade, spatchcock and rotisserie for the "Tri-Fecta Chicken" :-D

The pineapple part way through i sprayed on evoo and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.

Pics coming.

Oh only took 1 pair of OctoForks and there's space to rotisserie lots more...kinda nice!

Last edited:
OctoForks Roadside Chicken & Pineapple! Add to your grills rotisserie! - YouTube

Roadside marinade, spatchcock and rotisserie for the "Tri-Fecta Chicken" :-D

The pineapple part way through i brushed on evoo and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.

Pics coming.

Oh only took 1 pair of OctoForks and there's space to rotisserie lots more...kinda nice!

This looks farkin good! Only time I tried smoking pineapple was cooking with charcoal in the WSM. I'd like to try a wood fire smoked pineapple sometime!

Wow that looks tasty! Any concerns with a whole spatchocked chicken sliding off of 1/2 of a octofork set? They must be pretty secure or did you tie them or anything?

Edit: To be honest I didn't count in the fact the spit runs right through the bird. :doh:

Wow that looks tasty! Any concerns with a whole spatchocked chicken sliding off of 1/2 of a octofork set? They must be pretty secure

No that bird wasn't going anywhere! I just popped it on like in this pic, tied the legs together and spun. I bet you could spin 3-4 spatches in the 18.5"

No that bird wasn't going anywhere! I bet you could spin 3-4 spatches in the 18.5"

Exactly what I was thinking! I was examining the WSM today I could fit 2 whole birds, if they were spit through the rib's instead of front/back. Does running the birds through the ribs effect how the rotisserie works? Most will run them through the cavities.

Exactly what I was thinking! I was examining the WSM today I could fit 2 whole birds, if they were spit through the rib's instead of front/back. Does running the birds through the ribs effect how the rotisserie works? Most will run them through the cavities.

Looks like a 40 cal through and through. Ill call forensics to confirm

It does make a difference on speed because the heat comes up through the cavity and in essence cooks it inside out and outside in.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQgHr81lhqc"]OctoForks rotisserie chicken for buffalo dip - YouTube[/ame]

That looks great, I love what your doing with the pineapple too
Thanks Triple! The pineapple I used an apple corer from both ends to pull out the core. I didn't want to put the cinnamon & sugar on too soon so I just let it cook for a while. After it was getting heated through I sprayed it with the oil so the sugar would stick.

Holy cow those slices are good!!

Just look at the end pieces especially. :hungry:

ROADSIDE CHICKEN

1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt

Marinate w/out the oil and do a fresh batch for the basting. I also injected some marinade in

Last edited:
Oh man so So good looking. I was drooling watcing that. I need a set up like that!
Thanks Yan! I can't wait to try it again. It was fun spinning a spatchcock and the roadside is tasty stuff!

I love and prefer cooking over fire but there's kits to fit on anything from a gas grills, Santa Marias to kettles or WSM's.

Great looking plate Keith.
Thanks Marty I wish I could have shared some with ya!

Back