• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

other beefy options for tha smoker?

Blownmope

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
what else in the beef world have yall smoked? post up some recipes please:clap2:

Im assuming you mean besides brisket.

Chuck smokes well. It can be done pulled (great as pepper stout beef), sliced, and as faux burnt ends.

Beef ribs are killef too.

chuckies!!!

clods are awesome for large groups (pulled beef mix)

Feet and tails. Join the Forum and you will have access to thousands of awesome recipes...

All of the above. :-D
Beef cheeks, ox tails, beef ribs, briskets (a given), hind quarters, sides, whole beeves if you have a crowd to feed. Don't think there is a limit when it comes to any critter. :-D

Cow shoulders are awesome. I like doing them whole but I've also separated the muscles and done them in pieces too .

It's it nice and flavorful, but usually around 23 to 26 pounds of cow.

Shoulder Clod, but you'll need a lot of free time on your hands and a lot of hungry people around..

All of the above. :-D
Beef cheeks, ox tails, beef ribs, briskets (a given), hind quarters, sides, whole beeves if you have a crowd to feed. Don't think there is a limit when it comes to any critter. :-D

That sounds really interesting and definitely one part of the cow I have yet to try. Do you think I could ask for them at a local butcher?? And how the heck would you cook them?

Testicles anyone?

andrew-zimmern1.jpg

+1 for Chuck roasts!

Also you can smoke a roast like a prime rib. Smoke to a bit lower temp than your target (rare, medium rare, etc) and then do a quick sear to get the outside nice and brown and bring the temp up the rest of the way. It comes out great.

Back