UDS Build Question

Cahusky

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Im going to be building my first UDS next week and had one question even after reading thru the 437,000 page thread on the issue. Im using an old webber kettle lid that I had lying around and Im wondering if this is going to fit snuggly on the 55 gallon drum or will i have to remove the lip from the webber and install it on top of the drum. Ive seen it both ways in pictures so im guessing it may depend on the individual lid and individual drum but would like to hear what others found. I was hoping to just pop the webber lid in place without doing any further mods.

PS. The obvious answser is to toss the lid on the the drum and see if it fits. Unfortunately, the drum isnt arriving until Wednesday and I was just trying to plan ahead. :)

Just have to try it and see if it works okay. Some work better than others. Give it a try first.

Only the ribbed drums fit the Weber kettle lid.

my spare weber lid did not fit the barrel. however, if you lay the lid on a flat surface (garage floor) and flatten the lip down with a mallet so it sticks straight out, then you can use the barrel and the same mallet to form the lip of the lid to the barrel. worked out very well for me and am quite happy as it allowed for a second rack to be placed in my drum.

cheers,

scott

Back