Roll Call. Inside 30 days. World Food Championships 2014

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Leaving for Vegas on Thursday, as judging the Burger Preliminary round on Friday afternoon.

Wondering what Brethren teams are going to be there this year, and in what categories.

My wife and i will be cooking in the BBQ round. Stop, Drop and Roll BBQ team.

We are returning to defend our burger title. Hope to visit with some BBQ teams. As a bonus, the weather here is going to sh!t and supposed to be high 70's every day in Vegas:becky:

We are returning to defend our burger title. Hope to visit with some BBQ teams. As a bonus, the weather here is going to sh!t and supposed to be high 70's every day in Vegas:becky:

I'll be there making you earn it! My wife is also in dessert.

Had some great entries in the burger competition today... hopefully both Brethren teams made it to the final 10

Just saw this photo on the WFC's page. Nice to see the familiar banner Meat Man!!

10809016_380829592082007_313485076_n.jpg

Good luck to all Brethren teams competing in the BBQ event starting tomorrow (especially Rub, as I was able to buy some sauce from him today :mrgreen:)

Congrats on being the winners of the Burger competition for the 2nd year in a row. Good luck on Tuesday!!!

We had a great time at the WFC. We were there to support Rachael and Jake of Brains and Brawn's BBQ. Our kids finished a very respectable 12th overall, with a 3rd place pork call.

e6a32a689bb252da47c3d7596fd7bd91_zps8c212067.jpg

Last edited:
What a crazy week! Congrats to Sweet Smoke Q on 3rd overall! We had a great time and can't wait until next years contest in Florida.

Congrats on another win! It was great cooking next to you guys. I will catch you out on the competition trail again soon.

We had a great time. Had our A$$ handed to us, but we had a great time and it was a great experience. Congratulations to all who walked.

We had a great time. Had our A$$ handed to us, but we had a great time and it was a great experience. Congratulations to all who walked.

You weren't DAL, and got to go to Vegas. Sounds like you won to me!

flag-of-estonia.gif

(make sure you say thank you the Estonian team... :thumb:)

Yeah we've had some fun with that. I'm glad it's over. I was actually stressed over it since May thinking my 20 contest experience and all the research was going to carry us. :loco:

Happy to get to go and see friends, happy to see SCS win Burgers again, happy to see Jim and Jeff of SSQ win BBQ and come in 3rd overall! Not so happy with my performance at all but $h!+ happens. And finally, happy to leave Las Vegas!

Congrats on the repeat win in burgers SCS, and a great finish in the championship!

Back