• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Carolina Bash 2017 planning!

Blythewood BBQ'er

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone got suggestions for the the 2017 Carolina Bash? Do you guys want to have it at Lake Murray again? I will get the same covered shelter. Also chime in on dates. I'm looking at April 15th. Trying to do it a little earlier before fire season kicks in hard so Brother Garrett can make it. Also want to get it figured so Brother awscwi can get it off. Any suggestions yall?

I hope I can make it this time!! We were already wanting to plan a camping trip that week because it's spring break for the kids. As soon as the exact date is set I'll put in for time off and hope it's not dry.

Lake Murray is a great place. April 15 is good for us. I should be able to walk from the parking lot to the shelter by then. Also, I have a kettle now, so I want to participate in some of the cooking. My kettle is 22", so I'm planning a hog or a half cow. That just might be a little optimistic, but I sure am looking forward to seeing everybody.

No problem StevieP! Just trying to give back to a place that has given me so much! Yeah Dave I figured you might drive your new motor home to the Texas bash, heck I was considering maybe heading to it my self but got a lot going on this spring. Hopefully everyone there last year can make it and some new faces. Looks like the date will work for a good many so far so I will probably reserve covered area#3 this weekend again. Don't worry Joe we will carry you if need be! Same as last year if you can't bring a cooker or food don't worry! There will be plenty that needs to be eaten. Wife, myself, and Gretta of course will camp that weekend! May get a different site than last year though, wife wants to be closer to the bathhouse.

I went ahead and reserved Covered area 3 just now for Saturday April 15th. Someone had it reserved for Sunday so I didn't want them to decide they needed it for Saturday also and make us find a new site. So date is set!

I went ahead and reserved Covered area 3 just now for Saturday April 15th. Someone had it reserved for Sunday so I didn't want them to decide they needed it for Saturday also and make us find a new site. So date is set!

I didn't realize it until today when I started looking at dates trying to figure if we could make it here and to Texas, but that is Easter weekend. That will be a bad weekend for us and may be for others.

Good catch Bill! Let's push it back to the 29th. Same weekend as last year so maybe the weather will be as good! I can cancel and reschedule the reservation no problem this far out.

Good catch Bill! Let's push it back to the 29th. Same weekend as last year so maybe the weather will be as good! I can cancel and reschedule the reservation no problem this far out.

Works for me, I'll just go to Texas first then cycle back through South Carolina. Damn it is great to be retired and on my own schedule!

Good Dave! Was hoping you would plan it that way with the date being pushed back. What's so great about retirement? Wouldn't you like to work from 6pm to 630 am! It's awesome man!

That works even better for us, I was trying to shuffle vacation so we could make Tx, visit the grand baby and make the Carolina bash. Maybe we can hitch a ride with Dave!

Pat gave me the heads up on this event ... if it's open to a Gamecock in Tiggerland, my wife and I would to join.

Just let me know how to help out. I have a lot of tailgating accessories and a portable grill if we need it to help warm anything up and a large cooler too.

Great man! Love to have you! Most in attendance are from out of state so no worries on that lol! But awscwi's daughter goes to clempton so be advised! Come on down.

Great Sammy! Love to see you and the bride again! Hope you cooking chicken again! Still one of the best birds I've ever eaten!

Back