The #BrisketSperiment: Stickburner vs. Insulate Cabinet #WhoDat1

My bet is bark goes to the stick
Eatable slices goes to the cabinet
Flavor deeper into the slices edge goes to the stick
Overall Juiciness goes to the cabinet

You nailed it!
The only thing that I would modify from your prediction is that BOTH briskets had really good slices. These were big briskets, 11.75 pounds trimmed, and the slices were long and really good. The slices on the stick burner may have been a touch dryer, but you didn't notice a difference unless the slices sat there for 10-20 minutes before eating them.

One of my team took the main knife work today, getting some good practice in, and he cut too many slices on the stick-burner brisket at the beginning, so some of them sat out a while. We did not cut those extra's on the Cabinet smoker, so I don't know if I had an exact comparison.

Looks like you nailed it on both briskets :thumb:

They look fantastic

Next Brisket on the #WhoDat1 Cabinet I'm going to start it at 225 for a few hours, and from there to finish at 275, see if I can render that fat a touch more and get that perfect bite on the edge.

Looks Good! Apparently the small exhaust on WhoDat is not a problem.

What I believe this proved, is that you know how to cook brisket

Looks Good! Apparently the small exhaust on WhoDat is not a problem.

Apparently not. I am still planning to put a post up with the layout of the cooker, and the rig I built to hold two 25 CFM Pit Bull fans for the CyberQ Wifi, but they do push plenty of air through it. It takes a good hour for the smoke to get clean, and you can see the volume really clearly when it's first lit and the fire is getting up to speed.

Back