Boneless Sliced Pork Belly @Costco

backdraftbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
While I was at Costco today I saw Boneless Sliced Pork Belly. Any thoughts on preparing this? I may go pick up a pack.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 506
Rub it with you Phavorite rub...smoke it for about 5-6 hours on low heat till it's butter.
If I were you I'd buy a couple of those.

they have the cut and whole bellys at the costco near me.

I bought a whole belly about two weeks ago. cured half of it(5lbs) and Ill be smoking it tonight and hopefully eating some delicious bacon for breakfast tomorrow.

There are tons of recipes for pork belly besides bacon, but who doesn't love bacon? I love how they label it boneless. If there are bones in it, there is a good chance it is not from the belly.

Definitely going to be making some bacon in the near future.

I would ask them for whole belly! They had the sliced at my Costco for about the same price. when I asked for a whole piece they gave it to me for $2.89 with the skin off. That's about the best price I have ever seen around here. Those sliced pieces are great for chicharrones.

Pat them dry, rub them with some baking soda
Put them in a pan and just barely cover them with water with a touch of salt in it
Simmer them until the water evaporates and begins to fry in its own fat
Turn them so each side browns in its own fat.
When they are done, chop them up and season them however you'd like.

You will love these

Don't buy already sliced, buy whole and make bacon or roasted pork belly for some banh bao.

I'll have to see if ours has some of that. The kids have been asking me to cure some bacon again...

Always ask the guys behind the counter for the whole belly. Usually a little less if you buy a case too.

Bought 2 bellies a few weeks back at Costco. Gave my son-in-law 5 pounds and made the remaining 15 pounds into bacon. YUM!

In my area, it's $3.89 when they have it all chopped up, $2.89 for the full belly, and $2.86 for a full case.

I've made ~300lbs of bacon out of it in the past two months. The meat is pretty nice, definitely nicer than my previous supplier, though I've had cracking in the fat on one or two. Generally, I've seen a slightly higher yield out of these bellies, though they're trimmed differently, so I've had to change the style of bins I was using.

All in all, very pleased. If they don't have bellies out, just get a butcher's attention, they sell them. Although, sometimes they have to go look up the item number, it's not in all their books and charts yet.

I've bought the whole belly from them. It's skinless but fine. As for the sliced belly I recommend Korean style.

I've bought the whole belly from them. It's skinless but fine. As for the sliced belly I recommend Korean style.

Saw sliced pork belly at the local Costco yesterday and asked if the had whole bellies in the back. Got a 9 pound belly at $2.89 per pound.

Now, how about whole briskets and prime perhaps???

Saw sliced pork belly at the local Costco yesterday and asked if the had whole bellies in the back. Got a 9 pound belly at $2.89 per pound.

Now, how about whole briskets and prime perhaps???

Email them and suggest it. The more people who do the better our chances.

Rinsed dry cure off belly this morning and discovered the belly has skin on. At least I believe it has skin on.....looks like a football, i.e., pigskin, on one side. Pretty sure Costco said was skin off. Once out of the cryovac I couldn't really tell.

So question.....skin on or off for bacon?

Last edited:
Rinsed dry cure off belly this morning and discovered the belly has skin on. At least I believe it has skin on.....looks like a football, i.e., pigskin, on one side. Pretty sure Costco said was skin off. Once out of the cryovac I couldn't really tell.

So question.....skin on or off for bacon?

The ones I have purchased from Costco were skinless in the cryo that the store received them in. They did all have a fat layer on one side that you may be confusing for skin, especially after it has cured. Pig skin is generally pretty tough stuff and the biggest down sides are longer cure time and more difficult slicing.

Back