Surf and Turf Anniversary Dinner( lots of pron)

OSD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I meant to post this over the weekend, but got busy and forgot.:oops:
Last Friday was our anniversary and I always cook a special dinner for the wife.:-D

100_2275Small.jpg

Started with flowers and a card

100_2300Small.jpg

A cold crab salad. Lined the sherbet glass with crisp apple wedges for a sweet crunch with the crab salad. Served a German Riesling Auslese wine with dinner.

100_2306Small.jpg

Crab and shrimp stuffed mushrooms hot off the grill served with a creamy garlic - horseradish sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh cracked black pepper.

100_2318Small.jpg

The small plate is garlic mashed potatoes with shredded Mozzarella cheese and lump crab meat mixed in, and then baked in puff pastry and served with a cream sauce with cracked black pepper.
The main plate is grilled scallops wrapped in Prosciutto and a Fillet Mignon wrapped with smoked bacon.

100_2329Small.jpg

Dessert is a Creme brulee with a glass of German Eiswein.

100_0860Small.jpg

Then out to the patio to snuggle by the fire with a big cup of Cappuccino. :cool:

Outstanding job on an awesome meal for you two folks.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Are you kidding me? I had a farken hot dog tonight (At least it was a Nathans) great grub!!

Happy Anniversary.
Awesome menu and presentation. Could of swore I heard Barry White singing in the background

Nice spread. I bet it was good.

One question though, I guess she didn't mind you taking a picture between each course?

Cheers,
Nate

Bravo Jim...bravo! Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs. :p

Congrats!! I'm speechless.....................that dinner looks fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Looks great!

How did your Mrs. feel about you taking a picture of every course before she ate it?

"Hold on a second Hon. Let me get another picture for the folks on BBQ... WHACK!

Shoot man if someone fixed me a dinner like that they could take all the pics they wanted as long as they didn't let the food get cold.:biggrin:

Great job brother!

After seeing the food I can understand why you were to busy to post picks all weekend. :biggrin: Great job.

Nice spread. I bet it was good.

One question though, I guess she didn't mind you taking a picture between each course?

Cheers,
Nate

Looks great!

How did your Mrs. feel about you taking a picture of every course before she ate it?

"Hold on a second Hon. Let me get another picture for the folks on BBQ... WHACK!

Actually she's so used to my taking pics that she helps get things ready for me to take the pics.:cool:

Thanks for the compliments :-D:cool:

Back