Stubb's it is!

jham0077

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm a changed man. I went on a charcoal search... again. I never noticed the "smell" that people here talk about from Kingsford till someone pointed it out to me. I had bought some store brands, tried lump, and finally gave up and went back to KBB. Until I saw some Stubb's in Wally World one day. This stuff has no smell or aftertaste, I think it burns a little hotter and more even. I'm not sure about longer but what the hay, the longest a piece of meat ever sits on my grill is about 40 minutes, and that's thick cut chops. For any longer than that the UDS gets used. I've done jerky and ribs with it and had no issues with almost six hours burn time. And it's cheaper.

So if you see Stubb's and wonder about, try it. You won't be disappointed.:thumb:

I'm a Stubb's lover too. Nice even burn, all natural and less ash than KBB.

I use Stubbs now, as well. Have been getting it from Amazon at $7.87 for a 15 lb bag, which isn't too bad. I have a prime membership, so it shows up with free 2-day shipping, as well.

I've only used the k-comp once, and I bought it just out of curiosity for $10.99 :)shock:) for an 11 lb bag. Definitely great charcoal, but not worth double the price of the stubbs by any means.

I have a supply of stubbs briqs and royal oak lump, now, and that's pretty much all I've been using regularly.

Stubb's is my go to favorite. I think it has better flavor and less ash leftover once burnt. I did get sucked in by a great sale at Lowe's the other day on some KBB and bought 160 lbs. But given a choice, give me Stubb's

Stubb's is really good. I would use any of the natural briqs before kbb. I have tried B&B Oak and HEB Grand Champion and they are also good but Stubb's is what I prefer.

Yup, got roped into the lowes sale and got 200lbs of kbb for $45. But Stubbs is my go to now. The kbb will be for brats/burgers and the like. I use Stubbs in WSM, and for more quality steaks when I get them.

Stubbs is my favorite briquette also. Don't be afraid to use it in your UDS either! I always use a mixture of Stubbs/RO lump/wood chunks. Nice even temps, low ash, good flavor, can get 350f temps easily and have done 12 hr. cooks with charcoal left to add to on the next cook.

Another vote for Stubbs here. If I can't get Trader Joes all natural then I use Stubbs. Better than lump.

Add me to the list, I also use stubbs. Honestly though I've started using RO Lump and I really love it. I use 8-10 briqs of stubbs to fire the RO lump in my UDS

I also swear by Stubbs briquettes. Kingsford is banned in my pit.

Would like to try the Trader Joes stuff, but they probably won't have it until the beginning of the "Season" around Memorial Day.

I started using the Stubbs a few months ago and love it. Great charcoal. The Royal Oak lump is also very good. But when the KBB goes on sale at half the price.....

Yup, I'll go out of my way to use Stubb's - burns cleaner and longer, ime.

I've gone to Kingsford Competition and am very pleased. Easy to find, very little ash and burns clean and hot. I pick up Stubbs when it is available. Good stuff as well.

I made the switch from kbb to stubbs and im a very happy camper :thumb:. I usually use stubbs or royal oak briqs. royal oak burns just as good as stubbs Picked up some royal oak lump the other week. Haven't tried the lump yet.

I made the switch from kbb to stubbs and im a very happy camper :thumb:. I usually use stubbs or royal oak briqs. royal oak burns just as good as stubbs Picked up some royal oak lump the other week. Haven't tried the lump yet.

The Royal Oak burns very hot and clean. You'll have minimal ash. :thumb:

Back