• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Komo Q video as a Christmas gift?

Longo1908

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Looking through the threads, there isn't any real unbiased feedback pro or con about Kosmos Q video series. I was considering this as a Christmas gift and wondering from those who have it what their thoughts are.
Thanks.

It always depends on the perspective of the person asking the question, but for me personally, I found several good bits of info. Great video made by a great guy!

There is some knowledge to be gained there but I thought he never really tied the videos into a complete package. He has the meat videos and teaches how to make a good looking box but he didn't really get into things such as organizing and running a timeline. I thought there was a lot left unsaid and maybe he could produce another video that takes these and wraps it up into a whole comp experience. On the flip side there is enough info available on this site here and other places that a guy could fill in the blanks. To be fair though, if you read the individual DVD descriptions they are listed as meat classes, rather than a complete comp.
think what a person gets out of the DVDs probably depends on their experience level.

A friend bought it when it came out...he has had nothing but good things to say about it...:thumb:

There is some knowledge to be gained there but I thought he never really tied the videos into a complete package. He has the meat videos and teaches how to make a good looking box but he didn't really get into things such as organizing and running a timeline. I thought there was a lot left unsaid and maybe he could produce another video that takes these and wraps it up into a whole comp experience. On the flip side there is enough info available on this site here and other places that a guy could fill in the blanks. To be fair though, if you read the individual DVD descriptions they are listed as meat classes, rather than a complete comp.
think what a person gets out of the DVDs probably depends on their experience level.
I don't think these dvd's are meant to teach a newbee to go straight into comps with timelines and all. I think that info is a given with everything this site has to offer.
2 years ago I could always count on a top 10 chicken or usually higher......then it went away.
I bought Kosmos chicken dvd last august and picked up a few things and boom. right back up there ever since!!:thumb:

I can honestly say that I am disappointed. Wish I would have used that money to attend a local teams class that has won numerous GC & RGC as well as more calls than fresh meat at Madame Su's.

I found them to be interesting but its all about what you're looking for. I don't think you can learn it all from any one class. Get bits and pieces from a variety of sources and mix it with what you already do.

I found them to be interesting but its all about what you're looking for. I don't think you can learn it all from any one class. Get bits and pieces from a variety of sources and mix it with what you already do.

$350.00 for interesting, most likely that will help you from ending up dead last - then again probably not.

If you are dissatisfied with your purchase I would suggest watching them again, taking some notes for future reference, and reselling them on this site. Historically they sell quickly priced at 250. That brings your investment down to a hundred plus shipping. If there is not a few tips in there that will be of use in a comp I would be surprised....

$350.00 for interesting, most likely that will help you from ending up dead last - then again probably not.

First of all you can get them much cheaper than that. Secondly, just because you didn't like them doesn't mean others don't. From the reviews on this site most find them helpful. But like everything else, you cant please everyone.

Last edited:
First of all you can get them much cheaper than that. Secondly, just because you didn't like them doesn't mean others don't. From the reviews on this site most find them helpful. But like everything else, you cant please everyone.

Why is it when someone makes an honest comment, they are deemed an outsider or worse yet a leper? Yes there are good points and some techniques I can use, but overall there is a lot of redundancy. Creating a void where more technique or explanation could/should have been edited in. I shouldn't have to have paid that amount of money to see box building 4 X's, knife sharpener ad 4 X's, Meat thermometer ad 4X's, why they got into retail/wholesale business 4 X's, etc.

For the record this isn't an attack on the company but just what I feel the original post asked. And as the consumer that doled out his hard earned greenbacks, should be able to provide his opinion.

Lastly, if other members can purchase them for much less than what I paid, maybe my screen name Head Foolz is appropriate.

I have the Chicken and Ribs DVDs. I learned a lot from them and think they are worth the money. I would be happy to sell either or both now. PM me if you are interested.

Back