• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "Campfire Cookin'!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Campfire Cookin'!"

CampfireGrill_zps5a845bf4.jpg

How cool is that? A MOOSE fire ring! :whoo:

As chosen by oifmarine2003 for winning the "Bacon!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

oifmarine2003 said:
I am thinking, "Campfire Cooking" for the next throwdown. No smokers or grills, just cook over a fire pit or campfire. The portable outdoor fire pits that people have on their decks would be ok. You can use a cooking grate if needed.

Sounds simple enough to me! Looks like we have a DQ proof TD! :roll:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/5 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/15/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/15.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
How convenient! I won't be able to cook for either of the next 2 weekends of this TD...but I have no fire pit, so how perfect is that???? :wink:

How convenient! I won't be able to gook for either of the next 2 weekends of this TD...but I have no fire pit, so how perfect is that???? :wink:

You Gook too much!

How convenient! I won't be able to cook for either of the next 2 weekends of this TD...but I have no fire pit, so how perfect is that???? :wink:

If you can cook during the week when this TD is taking place, you'll have plenty of time to build a firepit. If you're short on time, just dig a hole in the ground, build your fire, and you can always cover it back up when you're done. :thumb:

See how easy that was?

:mrgreen:

Just use your spare tire from that old red car! Cowgirl makes awesome food in an old Tractor wheel! Just think what you could do with a newer tractor wheel! :p

I'm already voting for cowgirl. :mrgreen:

I'd love it if Jeanie entered this TD.

Let's not let her know till the on-topic thread goes up on Thursday, because if she sees where this thread is likely headed, she'll think we're a bunch of nutjobs...:loco:

Just use your spare tire from that old red car! Cowgirl makes awesome food in an old Tractor wheel! Just think what you could do with a newer tractor wheel! :p
Pretty sure the spare donut from the GTO would NOT make a good grill...and I don't have a tire mounting machine to remove the tire, either :wink:

IMG_04571.jpg

It'll burn off. Oh and you have built in ABT holders!

I'd love it if Jeanie entered this TD.

Let's not let her know till the on-topic thread goes up on Thursday, because if she sees where this thread is likely headed, she'll think we're a bunch of nutjobs...:loco:

I think she already knows :-D

You know...Cavemen cooked on campfires. I think I even saw them use a chimney once :becky:

Edit: found the other entry thread by accident...going to have to study up on these throwdown threads :oops:

Play by play of my Campfire Cookin Throwdown entry...

Well this is something I truly like to do is to cook on a campfire! I saw this thread and had just picked up a new cast iron skillet for my camping trips and this is the perfect opportunity to get it broke in...

On the menu is steak, beans and camp fries.

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Ran out and got me a fire pit since I am currently 900 miles from my nearest preferred campsite.

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

While I was feeding the pit logs to build up a coal bed I fired up the Yoder to season the new pan with some canola oil.

image-L.jpg

Finally had enough coals to get the party started and thru on some beans in my bean pot...then baptized the new skillet in fire.

P1010160-L.jpg

P1010163-L.jpg

Got some oil hot and blessed it with some home fries...

P1010168-L.jpg

P1010171-L.jpg

P1010183-L.jpg

Drained off some oil and thru the steak on...used the flip it every 30 seconds method till it hit 130 degrees.

P1010185-L.jpg

P1010187-L.jpg

Taking a little rest...

P1010188-L.jpg

Please use this pic below of my whole meal on the coals for my voting pr0n..thought i would get it on the fire pit since that is the theme...

P1010191-L.jpg

And last but not least the aftermath...

P1010217-L.jpg

Had a heck of a Sunday with my ALR Riders meeting early...then moving a friend into a new home...then get to sit by a fire and cook dinner...can't beat that:-D

Thanks everybody for lookin!

Last edited:
Back