IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "Asian Style Chicken Appetizers!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Asian Style Chicken Appetizers!"

AsianStyleApps_zps75a3dce4.jpg

Mmmmm... Chicken!

As chosen by pcshrews for winning the "Jamaican Jerk Cook-Off" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

pcshrews said:
Moose, how about we do an Asian Style Chicken Appetizers Throwdown?

Sounds good to me - we've never done one before!:thumb:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/8 through Sunday 8/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/18.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Limiting this to one animal and one pan-culture will make it a challenge to come up with something unexpected...very exotic for me having grown up in the South. Having only chicken to use REALLY tightens it up. Wonder what they cook in Khmer speaking lands...

This could be very, VERY, good.

Well, Asia is a big place, so there's lots of options. Thai, Chinese, Indian, Tibetan, Malaysia, etc.

Hmmmm....nice choice. Now gotta figure something out!!!

เรากินมันนั่งอยู่บนพื้นและจุ่มลงในซอสรสเผ็ดที่แปลกใหม่ในขณะที่พูดคุยเกี่ยวกับคนผิวขาวโง่ที่คิดว่าเกลือและพริกไทยเป็นรส

:becky:

I had a conversation with a veteran Khmer Guerrilla Officer once. He had a beautiful service ring and his voice had the most perfectly sonorous quality. I loved his accent. He didn't talk about the ring, other than to tell me what it signified when I commented on it, but I could tell he had great pride attached to it. It was an interesting hour.

OK, folks, I just put up the quality/on-topic discussion thread, so feel free to start marking quality on topic posts there.

That is, of course, if you have any on-topic contributions you'd like to make.

:mrgreen:

Can you narrow this one down a bit? It seems awfully vague.

CD

เรากินมันนั่งอยู่บนพื้นและจุ่มลงในซอสรสเผ็ดที่แปลกใหม่ในขณะที่พูดคุยเกี่ยวกับคนผิวขาวโง่ที่คิดว่าเกลือและพริกไทยเป็นรส

:becky:

Gesundheit!

Can you narrow this one down a bit? It seems awfully vague.

CD

It's being discussed right now in the on-topic discussion/entry thread. You remember those, right?
:laugh:

Four shalt thou not make a dessert, neither make thou a entrée, excepting that thou precede it with an appetizer. Beef is right out.

CD :becky:

It's being discussed right now in the on-topic discussion/entry thread. You remember those, right?
:laugh:

My posts in the on-topic threads seem to disappear. :tape:

CD :becky:

Back