Smokin' in my outdoor boys room

Bevoblood

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Got up at 4 am meat on the pit. Smoke burin' clean and the ol' girl is rockin'. She don't look like much but she's seasoned good and has it were it counts.

Last edited:
God is good ...beautiful peaceful mornin. Pit runnin perfect as usual. On my second cup of Kona my buddy brought me back from Hawaii..... "As Mel Brooks once said.....It's good to be the King."

Last edited:
Looks like a great start to your day. I hope the rest of the cook is as boring (and enjoyable) as possible... right up to the point that you and the family destroy that hunk of meat.

Brisket is restin'. Smokin' taters for smoke tater salad and smokin' broccoli for smoked broccoli and chz casserole.

Last edited:
It's all looking and sounding good so far. Great way to spend the day! Looking forward to your final pics!

I do the taters and broccoli by cutting them thick put 'em on a cookie sheet add some water so they don't stick and smoke for about 30 minutes just to infuse some smoke. Then I boil taters and make the dish to you liking German tater salad or mustard tater salad. Same for broccoli but I steam it and to make the broccoli and rice casserole, just make it to your tastes. This is the only tater salad my kids will eat.

Brisket is restin'. Smokin' taters for smoke tater salad and smokin' broccoli for smoked broccoli and chz casserole.

What do you put on your taters so they don't go brown on ya as you smoke em. Do you cut them 1/2 " thick, smoke them then finish the dice then. Will give it a go next time round smells good.

Brisket is nice and moist in the flat.

Last edited:
Love the bark. How was the bite?

What do you put on your taters so they don't go brown on ya as you smoke em. Do you cut them 1/2 " thick, smoke them then finish the dice then. Will give it a go next time round smells good.

I don't put anything on ' em, yes 1/2 boil ' em off then let them cool then dice them so they don't fall apart so the salad will be a little chunky.

Bob
It was mmmmmgooood. Wife said it's the best I've ever done. 12 pounder I trimmed and 10 hours later it's melt in your mouth good.

Last edited:
Bob

It was mmmmmgooood. Wife said it's the best I've ever done. 12 pounder I trimmed and 10 hours later it's melt in your mouth good.

Bob

If wife/momma happy, everyone happy. Great job!

Back