Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce?

Keith's Famous Pulled Pork Finishing and Dipping Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup catsup ( I use all natural- no corn syrup)
TB red pepper flakes
TS worstershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
TS salt
TS cayenne pepper

Simmer after you make it and again before serving.

1/2 for the pull and half for sammies

I know a lot of people that enjoy Smokin Okie's finishing sauce.

Smokin Okie's Pulled Pork Baste & Serving Sauce

I have no idea where this originated, I got it and modified it after someone else modified it... so here it is to enjoy for all.

I use this on pulled pork starting about 1/2 way through cooking (after the smoke stops).

Mop this on the pork warm. I've also used this on the meat when it's done -- I just spoon some sauce over pulled pork right on the bun.

(makes about 5 cups)

4 cups apple juice
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoon dry mustard
4 tablespoon brown sugar
3 bay leaf
6 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne (I sometimes use Hungarian Paprika)
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (the secret ingredient)

Heat all of the ingredients in a nonreactive pan (the acid in the vinegar will react with some pans be careful) Bring it to a boil, reduce and simmer for 15 min.

I make extra and put it in the fridge and it should last for a couple of months. But it's never around that long.

When I put some pork in food saver bags, I'll put some of this sauce in there with it -- when I reheat the pork it taste just like the first time.

Enjoy it.
Good Q'in
Smokin Okie

I try not to use finishing sauce for pulled pork, BUT I do do a mustard sauce on the side...other than that, it might be drippings with apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, rub and water as needed.

Don't remember where I got this but I like it :

2 Cups Cider Vinegar ( I like to use Red Wine Vinegar )
2 TBS white sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Ketchup ( maybe a little less acc to taste )
1 TBS White Pepper
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS (or more) Red Pepper Flakes ( I'll use Hot Sauce a good squeeze )

I've been adding the au jus from foiled ribs (brown sugar, honey, butter). It adds a different flavor profile that I haven't had anywhere else and I love it. I normally cook for the inlaws and they're allergic to vinegar so it doesn't leave me many options.

I'm cooking two butts today and I'm going to pull a little in a separate pan so I can try one of the finishing sauces above...they look so good! Now which one to try? Hmmm

Natural juices from the foil pan I set it in after I get the color I desire. Plus more rub that I used to begin with.

I give a few shakes of this once it is about to be served, I have also been known to spritz some of this during the cooking process (have to strain the chili flakes)

1 Tbs Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tbs of Brown Sugar
1 Tsp of Black Ground Pepper
1 Tsp of Kosher Salt
1 Cup of White Vinegar
1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Blu's Red Pig Juice

1/4 cup Cider Vinegar

1/2 cup Ketchup

1/2 cup Water ( Sub Stock if desired)

3 tbl Brown sugar

1 tea sp Chili Powder

1 tea sp Salt

1/2 tea sp Black Pepper

1 Table sp Diablo jalapeno Mustard ( Sub 3 rings Pickled Jalapeno fine mince & yellar mustard)

pinch of Cayenne or to taste

1 Table sp red pepper flakes

Dissolve the salt and sugar in the Vinegar/ Water add remaining ingredients whisk to combine and bottle let stand 2-3 hrs.

Blu's Standard Pig Juice

2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup water
2 tbl ketchup
2 tbl Chrystal hot sauce
1Tbl Salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp granulated Garlic
2 tbl red pepper flakes

Bring it to a boil and pull the pan off the heat let it cool and pour it in a clean bottle

I love to make my own but normally I'm too lazy so my favorite would probably be just a jazzed up sweet baby rays with sriracha, apple cider vinegar, and whatever else I feel like throwing in.

Blu's Red Pig Juice

1/4 cup Cider Vinegar

1/2 cup Ketchup

1/2 cup Water ( Sub Stock if desired)

3 tbl Brown sugar

1 tea sp Chili Powder

1 tea sp Salt

1/2 tea sp Black Pepper

1 Table sp Diablo jalapeno Mustard ( Sub 3 rings Pickled Jalapeno fine mince & yellar mustard)

pinch of Cayenne or to taste

1 Table sp red pepper flakes

Dissolve the salt and sugar in the Vinegar/ Water add remaining ingredients whisk to combine and bottle let stand 2-3 hrs.

That's what I want to try....

If you use a light touch when applying you can hardly detect any vinegar or hot sauce, just a pleasantly flavorful pork! But being a North Carolina boy, I go a bit stronger.

Back