Finally home all the way from Texas--My newly born offset smoker from Lone Star Grillz

Great looking cooker. I know you are going to have a great time cooking on it and burning sticks.
Congrats and good luck with your new toy.

It's not top secret and all you have to do and go and price it up on LSG's websit BUT I'll spare you the hassle because I don't mind. :becky:

Pit with all the option you see a hair off $3000

What the heck I'll give the shipping numbers as well just in case anyone is interested out this way.

Shipping costs: Again hair off $500 total

$283 freght
$45 residential delivery fee
$150 crating and insurance

IMO that is very reasonable total figure for superior craftmanship, service, and travel from Texas.
To some those kind of figures are scary and seem expensive but in order to get a pit made by most of the builders out there that is built with the same quality, craftsmanship and capacity as ssv3's you'd end up with a HUMONGOUS trailer pit that would take up three times more room, weigh three times as much and cost in the neighborhood of 6 to 10 grand, BEFORE shipping!:wink:
This for example doesn't have as much total cooking area as ssv3's pit,...
http://langbbqsmokers.com/lang84/lang84_deluxe_char.html

Great Smoker Bro. I cant wait till mine arrives. Minus the bottle opener and a little grill art mine is going to be pretty much the same cooker. Definitely love the hangers in the warming oven.. I guess it will be early Christmas for me 18-19 offsets in front of me with a build rate of 2 per week is what Chris told me last week.

Wait till you see it in person.:becky: That's soounds about right on the wait. Mine took longer because most of the 40ish orders before me were custom trailers. I wanted metal art on mine as well but didn't really come up with anything meaninful that I liked so I left it alone.

To some those kind of figures are scary and seem expensive but in order to get a pit made by most of the builders out there that is built with the same quality, craftsmanship and capacity as ssv3's you'd end up with a HUMONGOUS trailer pit that would take up three times more room, weigh three times as much and cost in the neighborhood of 6 to 10 grand, BEFORE shipping!:wink:
This for example doesn't have as much total cooking area as ssv3's pit,...
http://langbbqsmokers.com/lang84/lang84_deluxe_char.html

Nicely put brother!! I almost can't believe it only cost me that much. Honest.

Last edited:
It's not top secret and all you have to do and go and price it up on LSG's websit BUT I'll spare you the hassle because I don't mind. :becky:

Pit with all the option you see a hair off $3000

What the heck I'll give the shipping numbers as well just in case anyone is interested out this way.

Shipping costs: Again hair off $500 total

$283 freght
$45 residential delivery fee
$150 crating and insurance

IMO that is very reasonable total figure for superior craftmanship, service, and travel from Texas.

Thanks for the info. I tried to look at their site and it didn't load well on my PC. Might be Firefox and the site don't get along.

I haven't been pricing stick burners, happy with my WSM at this time, so my first reaction is that sounds high to me, but obviously I am wrong. Reading what others have posted seems like it is a great deal. They do seem really well made, just like SF's. I have seen cheap models at HEB, HD, Academy, etc, and those don't even compare to this.

Luckily, if I ever decide to go that way, they are just a 3 hour drive for me to "ship" it myself.

Luckily, if I ever decide to go that way, they are just a 3 hour drive for me to "ship" it myself.

You already saved some money instantly.:becky:

I hear ya! You and only you will know it when it's time to pull the trigger. I just got hooked on the food off of a stick burner but definitely sat down and put all the factors (design, pitbuilder, cost, shipping, tending fire, buying wood, maintenance, etc.) into it before I bought it.

That looks amazing. And I highly respect TuscaloosaQ's responses as well.

Whenever I get to be in the market for a stickburner, Lonestar and Shirley will be the wto I focus on the most.

That looks amazing. And I highly respect TuscaloosaQ's responses as well.

Whenever I get to be in the market for a stickburner, Lonestar and Shirley will be the wto I focus on the most.

Thanks and I wholeheartedly agree.

Back